Honor to us all

*This chapter is very confusing, but it's a flashback. Hopefully, you'll understand.*

The grey, secure cobblestoned wall off the Hofferson household flickered in the dim candlelight, making it hard to see. As Astrid squinted to see the carvings carved so precisely by her ancestors, long ago, a light filled the entryway. Stumbling back, bumping into the chairs around the table. Suddenly curious onto who the stranger is, Astrid crept silently close to the door.

A tall, buff man stood by the entrance to her home, illuminating the room in the bright light of the outside world. A shadow stood by the light, but quickly was replaced with a blonde mustached man.

"Come out, come out, where-ever you are..." A firm yet taunting voice teased at her. Realizing it was no other than her uncle Finn, she sighed in relief.

"Uncle Finn! It's been a good bloody month! My mother just left, you'll meet her at the well." She commented as they embraced.

"I miss my sister. But I'm not here for her." Finn Hofferson said seriously. "I came for you. I came back from a meeting with the chief-" Sitting down, the man sighed in reluctance "I speak for Hofferson clan. I wish it wasn't me to tell you this. The chief and I have decided it would be best for you..." Trailing off, he looked guilty and displeased to bear this news.

"Uncle Finn? Could you please continue? Do you want something?"

Raising his eyebrow, he continued "No, I'm fine, Astrid. Don't worry. Anyway- We've noticed how close you and Hiccup have gotten.. And we mean for it to remain as friends." Astrid's uncles voice broke. You could tell he hated every second of this conversation.

Gasping for air, he resumed his presentation slowly "Don't mention this to Hiccup. Poor lad already has too much on his hands. Now, I know you. You probably wouldn't. But, Astrid," Finn pleaded "Stoick has promised to bring honor to our family once more, and he does have a arranged marriage. The Hoffersons just don't know who. That is only Stoick's knowing."

"Oh-" She breathed "I understand. I will bring honor to us all."

Clear blue eyes twinkled and his rough hands met her cheek, stroking it gently.

"That's my niece." Getting up to leave, he rambled "I must go meet with Stoick, letting him know I informed you. Have fun living freely, Astrid. I love you."

"Love you too," She murmured, in disbelieve that that got ripped from her as quickly as it had come. "Goodbye!"

Once the door had shut, her eyes starting brimming with tears, suggesting she was at the brink of snapping, breaking, whatever you want to call it.

Remembering that she had friends to get to, she pulled the act she used almost everyday; before because I didn't have him, now because she did and couldn't. Astrid knew in a heartbeat she would go back to how it was before.

Taking a deep breath, she picked up her axe and exhaled shakily. Fishlegs might be wondering where she was by now.

Stepping outside, she smelled fresh grass, but fell back in a thrust of pain. Not mental pain, she had felt that, it wasn't this, she had a twisting feeling in her gut, and a indescribable headache.

Eyes rolling back into her head, she saw white flashes, almost as if it was a old memory, but it was so different, there was white brick walls... and a magical box that spit out majestic music, that oddly represented herself.

{ I can't help but love you, even though I try not to lose, I can't help but want you, I know that I'd die without you-War of hearts (Ruelle) }

Snapping back into reality, the grassy hills of Berk in the summertime and the flowers that bloomed on the hill were the first thing she saw. She wondered what kin of memory had things she had never seen before. Strange contraptions. Strange house. Weird music.

Weird everything.

Oh Gods, why did she feel like this? It was like someone had took her heart, soul out of her chest and left it in view, but not reach. Was she crazy to think she could be in love? Was it me? Do I always mess it up for myself? Fuck it up?

Seems so.

Astrid was lucky to even be here, her family provided that. It was the least she could do to put on a smile and an act. She owed it to them. To Hiccup.

Unconsciously walking over to the Haddock house, like a reflex, muscle memory, she noticed right as she was going to knock on the door. Running away seemed like the best option, the only option. Bursting out, tears fell out and stained her face as she was running, drying.

Watching from his window, Hiccup worried over Astrid. What did he do... Did he do something? Shrugging it off, he came to the conclusion that it was just girl stuff. Yet did he know that the real reason was also watching her run, just downstairs.

Stoick's green eyes trailed after the teenager sprinting away from his house. The blonde had been notified, and was heading towards Raven's point.