Pleading eyes

When I woke up, everyone was gone from where they had slept last night, instead crowded around this big brown thing.

Yak Dung?

Standing up, letting my eyes adjust to the light, I saw that we were in a completely different spot on the island. We had made camp by the cliffs on the island, and the grassy hills that were dotted with trees. They had moved camp, without waking me up, to a beach, and the hostage was knocked out, tied upside down and by the entrance of a cave.

Picking myself up, I grabbed my weapons that I kept safely with me at all times, just in case he tried to escape. As I sat on a log, sharping my axe, waiting for the hostage to wake up, the sharp glint of the sun reflected off my axe, blinding me momentarily. A commotion rose, mostly from the twins and Snotlout.

"Astrid... His pulse is rising, He's going to wake up!" Fishlegs squealed. Nodding my head to symbol I had heard, I glanced up and stared at the intruder.

His eyes (at least I think it's a boy-) fluttered open, and long eyelashes blinked before wincing at probably the blood flowing to his head. Piercing green eyes flashed at me, before he looked up and panicked.

Staring back down at my axe, I scraped my stone roughly against the dull metal, earning a scraping sound and small flakes of the iron cascading down.

The Twins and Snotlout rushed to get a word in as the boy looked back down, clamoring for dominance (who could be heard). A look of terror etched across his face, and when he opened his mouth to reply, Ruffnut shoved a gag into his mouth, causing a delayed reaction. Giggling, Ruff looked at Tuffnut for reassurance. Nodding, the male twin smirked as he bashed a mace against the Hostage's head.

The boy's body went from thrashing around, trying to break free from the ropes, to limp and still.

"Tuffnut! He was going to talk!" Fishlegs whined, annoyed by the plan the twins had conducted earlier.

"Now, we can move him," Tuffnut paused, awaiting approval, instead seeing agitated glares,"Righhhttt. Let's just move him."

Speaking up, I almost screamed, "But where's Hiccup?"

"Toothlegs was gone when we woke up. Went for a fly."

Sadly looking up, tears glazed her eyes. Batting them away, she blinked and commanded them to follow her. She had explored the island when they first landed and found many hiding places, but decided against bringing them to any. It was very obvious where she would bring them, it was directly over the area that met water, serving as docks. Hiking up high, she lead the group past streams and bushes, until she met her favorite spot. Overlooking many waves and the half of the island, she ordered them to prop the Hostage up and leave them alone.

Stirring, he looked calmly up at her, grinning, but meeting her death stare made him peep down. Looking around, he seemed confused by the change of scenery, and looked back at Astrid pleadingly, begging to explain himself.

And that's when she saw it.

Green eyes, with gold flakes and emerald eyes shimmered, resembling her crushes. Studying him, he didn't seem like a threat, and if he was, she could take him out. Removing his gag, he gasped for fresh air.

Hurt hung on to every word he whispered out, "You can't tell?" Water rose into her eyes, understanding her mistake.

Shaking her head regretfully, she explained, "I woke up and you were there. They had surrounded you, and you were covered head to toe in mud. I knew something was up with your eyes. You just reminded me of what I couldn't..... Never mind. Where's Toothless?"