Chapter Six

Chapter Six | Sister Krone

[Narrator]   

Isabella gathered all the children in front of the entrance door. Her arms cradled a precious baby with short, rowdy pale orange hair and the most enchanting light blue eyes, twinkling like stars. The little one seemed curious about the commotion, giggling softly as Isabella held them close. Beside Isabella stood another adult, catching the kids by surprise. The woman was just a bit taller than Isabella but exuded an air of mystery. Her long, flowing black hair cascaded down her shoulders, framing a pair of intense dark blue eyes that seemed to hold secrets. Her smooth, dark skin added to the sense of intrigue.

Ninelie couldn't help but fixate on the tall woman, her eyes narrowing with suspicion as she observed every detail. Ray, as usual, maintained his calm demeanor, silently taking in the scene. Meanwhile, Emma and Norman wore their emotions on their sleeves, visibly expressing their shock and apprehension.

     "Let me introduce you all to your newest family member, Carol," Isabella said with a warm smile, gently gesturing to the adorable baby in her arms, "and this is Sister Krone. She's here to help me with my job."

Sister Krone, wearing the same outfit as Isabella, graced the children with a friendly smile, her presence filling the room with a mix of excitement and tension.

     "A-An adult?" Emma murmured.

Norman swallowed hard, his voice barely above a shaky whisper, "...It's another enemy."

Sister Krone's smile persisted, unwavering in the face of their unease. "I will be living with you all starting today. Pleased to meet you," she said warmly, trying to ease their concerns.

The children exchanged glances, uncertain about what this new addition to their family might bring. They had faced countless challenges before, but this unexpected arrival made them wonder if they were about to encounter yet another test of their resilience.

•──✦ 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 ✦──•