Ch 23

"Have fun baby!!" izuku's mother waved him goodbye from the car door as she dropped him off.

"I will!" He waved in return, smiling as he ran over to y/n who was buying ice cream at a truck by the beach. "I think everyone's on their way right now," he said as he neared y/n

"Alright!" Y/n turned and smiled at the boy, handing him some ice cream.

The two of them had decided that today was a good day to hang out with all of Izuku's friends.

"Midoriya! We have arrived!" Iida said with Uraraka and Todoroki in tow. Uraraka waved giddily at y/n and she returned the wave with a smile.

"Izuku's told us a lot about you!" She smiled at y/n.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Y/n laughed.

"O-oh! Nothing bad I promise!" The green haired boy butted in. "I just told them we were friends and stuff when we were little!"

"Ah I see." Y/n nodded.

"How long have you known Midoriya?" Todoroki asked.

"Hmmm since elementary school I think...Bakugo's known him longer than me," y/n answered. Izuku nodded.
"I had to move away for a bit so I couldn't be with them in Middle school. I came back so I could try to get into UA." Y/n explained.

"Ah," Iida nodded.

They all headed down to the beach and spread out their towels. Iida had brought a huge umbrella and stuck it into the sand.

"Make sure you put on sunscreen!!" He chased after Uraraka who was giggling and laughing.

"I brought a beach ball!" Izuku said, his words muffled against the plastic as he blew it up.

"Nice!! Let's make teams! I wanna be team captain!" Uraraka said proudly.

"I'll be the other team captain!" Iida said. "There are also five of us so one of us is going to have to sub out!" He said.

"I'll be the sub!" Y/n said.

"Alright. Can I pick first?" Uraraka asked Iida.

"Go for it," he nodded.

"Deku!" She said as she pointed at him.

"I've already got a plan!" He beamed.

"That leaves Todoroki. Join my team!" Iida said to Todorki. The quiet boy walked over to Iida's side of the net. Y/n watched them play amusedly from the sidelines until one of them lost and she could switch. Eventually Iida's team lost due to Uraraka making the ball float and Izuku spiking it down to the ground.

"I'll switch with y/n." Shoto said, changing places with her and sitting in the sand.

"Do you think you could stay up front? I've found a pattern with their team..." Iida whispered to y/n as both Uraraka and Izuku also whispered on the other side of the net.
"When you see Uraraka set the ball, get to the front quickly. Midoriya will usually spike afterwards...and he hits pretty hard...so you think you can handle it?" Iida aksed.

"'Course I can!" Y/n smiled.

"Ready?!" Uraraka called from the opposite side, ready to serve.

"Yep!" Y/n called back getting into position. The ball came to them rather quickly. 'She's definitely got some experience.." y/n thought about Uraraka as Iida hit the ball back over the net. The two teams returned the ball for quite a while until y/n noticed Uraraka's hands go up to set. She quickly ran to the front and put her arms out in front of her, bracing for Izuku's spike. It came slamming down onto her arms with a painful force. Luckily, the ball landed on the other side of the net, scoring her team a point.