Chapter 28

Jenny looks at us deeply. She sees how serious we both are. Then, it hits her. The topic we are about to discuss. She gets up and starts walking away,"No. no no no no no no. Don't even think about starting what I think you're about to start."

Aidan steps toward her, grabs her by the elbow, "Jenny please. We just want to ask you if you want to do this. If you want to try and take that asshole down."

I interject, "What he means is that if you want to take that asshole down. We will not try we will do."

Aidan gives me a pointed look, "There are no guarantees to anything. Let's just try first."

I get angry, "Aidan we are getting him whether you choose to believe it or not. And you know what...."

Jenny interrupts, "STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!!! Listen to me and listen very carefully. I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. BE. PART. OF. THIS. I am closing this chapter of my life and moving on.Are we clear?"

She looks at both of us. We both look down at our feet. She then keeps staring (which felt like an eternity) until we both nod. She starts to leave and this time Aidan doesn't stop her. Once she reaches the door she turns to face us, "When I see you both at school things better be back to normal and forget this ever happened." With that, she steps out and slams the door.

It was silent. 

Then Aidan spoke, "Kitten, what did I tell you ?! It is not your place to interject like that."

I am furious, "YOU KNOW WHAT? IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HELP HER THAN FINE! BUT I DO! "

Aidan shakes his head, "Ofcourse I do. It has been haunting me every second of the day. I just don't think we should force her into something she does not want to do. Kitten, you don't understand how bad and ugly legal things can get. Trust me it is one of the hardest things to do."

I sit down, "Look I understand that but he cannot just get away with this. I am about to do more research so if you do not want to be part of it then leave now. I am not giving up on this. I can't sleep."

Aidan looked as if he was about to say something but chose otherwise and left. 

I grabbed my laptop again and tried to do my research. I was still unable to say or I should say type the word. It was the scariest 4 letter word. I decided to research about how the legal system works.

A while passed. I did not even notice the time. I was distracted into all the legal research trying to break it down and understand it the best that I could. This was so hard.

I did not stop until my dad came up to me and closed my laptop. I did not even realize that he is home!

"Hailey, kiddo, what is going on? How did you not notice me walk in?"

I looked up at him, "Sorry dad I just was doing research I was really into it."

He chuckles, "Yeah I can tell. You should see you dark circles right now."

I scowl.

Should I tell him?

Uh oh. My mind is going loco. I cannot tell him. 

But what else can I do?

Omg brain shut up.

And then boom!

I just started  crying. Crying  a river. Right then and there. 

My dad ran over to me and hugged me right away. "Kiddo, whats wrong? Did anything happen? What did Aidan do? I'm going go kick his ass right now!"

I stopped him, "Dad no. Its not Aidan. I'm sorry I did not mean to cry."

"Honey, why don't you tell me whats going on? It seems to be eating you alive."

I looked up at him. At that moment I was debating what to do. On one hand, it is not my business. On the other hand, he will have a better idea of what to do. 

My goal was to help Jenny and I would do anything to do that. 

I sat him down on the couch. I told him everything. And I mean everything. I just left out the names.

It took forever but I finally finished telling him. I was looking down at my lap the whole time I was talking. I was crying the whole time I was talking. I did not know what to expect when I looked up. But what I knew was that I felt so much better. It felt relieving to get that off my chest. 

I finally got the courage to look at him. He did not say anything. He grabbed his phone and went into the kitchen. I stayed put. Couldn't move a muscle. 

Fraaaaaaaack.

What did I just do?!