Chapter 29

The next day was school. The place where I would have to see Aidan, Jenny, Liam, Parker, etc all over again. I was not in the mood to see the first 3 I have mentioned. I get all my things, close my locker and walk up to Parker. 

"Hey Park, hows it going?" I ask.

He gives me a "are you serious" look and asks, "Are you serious?!! You've been MIA and you're asking me right now?"

I put my head down as in shame, "I know I know and I am truly sorry for that. But trust me when I say it is for important reasons."

"Yeah whatever." Parker starts to walk off but I follow him and grab him by the arm.

"Stop walking. Ill tell you as much as I can but no more."

He looked satisfied with my answer and we agreed to meet at lunch. 

I saw Aidan and Jenny earlier but we all pretended not to know each other. I guess they are both mad at me. We avoided each other as much as we could. It was heartbreaking. I just want justice for them. It really crushed me when they saw me and looked away.

At lunch, Parker and I sat outside where no one was near us. Instead of paying attention in any of my classes today, I was thinking of what exactly to tell him. I can't tell him the whole truth about Jenny. It is not my place to tell.

And then it hit me! BAM!

I will just tell him about the adventures Aidan took me on. 

YEAH! That should keep him distracted. 

So now, I am sitting at the table telling Parker about Aidan coming over for dinner, meeting my dad, getting along with him, etc. He was so shocked that one, my dad was home and two, that Aidan isn't hurt. He knows how strict my dad is and how Parker is the only one invited (well before Aidan). 

I just kept going on and on about Aidan and my dad and luckily with Parker's interruptions it lasted until the bell rang and it was time for class. 

I go to my next class and I see Liam and his hooligans behind him walk in. They're laughing at their stupid guy jokes. After they walk in, a girl with long dyed red hair and glasses walks in. I recognize her as Aubrey. She was beautiful but shy. She saw Liam and her eyes bulged. Liam gave her his stupid smirk and she looked down and sat at the farthest seat from him. 

My heart wouldn't stop beating. I knew that look. I was so afraid that Jenny wasn't the only one. How could I possibly approach her? What would I even ask her? Did Liam do something to you? I can't just ask her that. My head started spinning and my heart wouldn't stop over beating. I thought I was about to pass out right this second. 

After school ended, I was walking outside and I spotted Aidan. He was talking to some guys. I walked up to him, grabbed him by the arm and dragged him far away.

"Hey, hey, hey, watch it Kitten. Since when did you get so strong?"

I stopped and looked at him. He saw my face and his face changed from a smile to a frown. "If you're going to talk about you know what then I am leaving."

I grabbed his arm and stopped him. "Aidan stop this is serious. I don't think Jenny was the only one."

He turned to face me and his jaw was clenched. "What are you talking about?"

I gave him an "are you kidding me" look, "You know exactly what. I saw someone walk in class and she was afraid of him"

"Who?"

I do the zip my mouth and throw away the key. "Not my place to tell. But I just want you on board with this. It's serious."

Aidan walked back and forth with his hand on his neck in frustration. His shirt lifted a little and damn.... NOT NOW HAILEY!

"Look Kitten I cannot do anything. Jenny has to do this. He is the biggest prick I have ever met but you can't go around assuming that he's done this to every girl that is afraid of him. I know you are trying to help and in a way that shows how big your heart is, which I admire most about you"... (insert me blushing here)

I sigh to hide my blush, "Aidan look I know this is hard. Probably the hardest thing we will ever experience but we cannot just let it go."

He walks up to me, cups my face in his hands. He whispers, "I know Kitten I know. I just... I'm just..."

I whisper back, "I know I know but now you're not alone in this. We're in this together. All of us."

He puts his forehead on mine, kisses my forehead, and then hugs me tight. 

And yes we stood there for a while. And yes people were probably looking. And yes we didn't even notice them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, the weekend comes. 

Before it does, Aidan and I spent every single moment we could trying to get Jenny to change her mind. We became annoying leeches. 

My very persuasive and annoying self finally got her to agree to talk to my dad since he was working out the legal aspects of this situation. 

While she was with my dad, I pulled her aside for a second and told her, "Listen on Monday, I strongly encourage you to talk to Aubrey."

She looked at me confused for a second and then her eyes widened. She understood what I meant. 

A few moments later, Aidan came back with food for everyone but my dad and Jenny were too busy in their own world of researching and discussing.

I sat down on the couch, about to open my food when Aidan walked up and closed it.

"HEY! I AM HUNGRY GET YOUR OWN!" 

He laughed, "Someone is a bit hangry aren't we? Come on take it with us."

I looked confused, "Wait where are we going?"

He just shrugged and pointed to follow him.

I stupidly did. 

In the car, he still wouldn't tell me or let me eat. 

I swear I am not responsible for what happens when I am hangry.

"Kitten will you just relax and trust me. I haven't let you down before right?"

I just huff and angrily stomp on the dashboard and then sit looking out the window.

When we finally arrived, it was a beautiful place with trees and birds and a pond in the middle. Where the heck does he find these places?!

We get out of the car, and he opens the trunk. He grabs a blanket, 2 glasses and a wine bottle. 

This is going to be an interesting day....