S E V E N T E E N

『・☆*:💍:*☆・』

『・☆*:💍:*☆・』

Jimin's POV

I stepped out of my car, Zara stood in front of the hotel doors with two suitcases and a slight pout on her face. I walked up to her with my hands in my pockets so I wouldn't fidget with them, "Hi." We said in unison. If our awkwardness was a physical thing, it'd be thick and heavy.

I took her bags and brought them to my car as she walked behind me; Silent. When I got in the car, she was still quiet, biting on her lips and looking out of her window. Can we talk? The words were on the edge of my tongue, but I held back as I started the car. I didn't know if I should say anything or not, I mean, how could I? I called her a slut in front of the entire staff and some of our shareholders.

Was I allowed to say anythi-

"I'm sorry I blew you off at the company party. You were right." She suddenly said, "If you don't wanna talk that's fine." My lips dropped at her sudden apology, "I... I forgive you, But I should be apologizing." I said. She looked at me with big doe eyes, my heart tightened at that. "I am, so sorry for saying what I said at the company party. I don't know why I said it, but I know for sure that I didn't mean it. At all. I'm really sorry, Zara."

"I forgive you Jimin," She said softly, "I knew that you didn't mean it, but I kept reminding myself of it anyways so-"

"You don't have to explain Zara. You had every right to not want to talk to me after that." I mumbled. Zara nodded her head slowly and looked out the window once again, only to realize that we were heading in the direction of my house. "You... You aren't taking me to a hotel?" She asked and I shook my head, "Why would I do that? You know you can stay with me as long as you need to." I smiled.

"Jimin," She looked over at me with a shy smile on her face. "Let's promise to always be there for each other in the future, and that we'll always listen to each other." I pulled into the garage and I smiled at her, "I promise."

Her smile grew slightly, and then she and I stepped out of the car. She offered to carry her suitcases, but I reassured her that I could and would do it for her. "You didn't pack up my stuff..?" She asked when she stepped into her room.

"Of course not, why would I do that?" I said, setting her suitcase down, "You mean a lot to me Zara, you should know that by now." She blushed, "Jimin-"

"You do, okay?" I smiled, "Now don't dwell on it. I'm going to start lunch now okay? So I'll be downstairs."

***

I finished the tteokbokki rather quickly, and covered it so it wouldn't lose heat as I waited on Zara. Even though we're good now— Zara and I— There's a part of me that hates myself for getting involved with this Taehyung situation. Yes, it's great that Zara knows the truth, but would she have been happier if she didn't know; Ignorance as bliss?