THREE

COUGH SYRUP // YOUNG THE GIANT

STILL OUT THERE

THEY HAD been on the road for hours. Dean driving, Sam shotgun, and Campbell Grace sprawled out in the backseat.

Just like old times.

The minute Dean finished his rather descriptive explanation of what had gone on during the fire at Jessica and Sam's apartment, Campbell knew she had to stay. This was more than just John going missing, she could feel it in her gut. Not to mention the radio going in and out - that voice she heard? This was bigger, and there was no way she was missing out on it.

When she called Parker to tell her that her family road trip was extended, she was met with slight concern. "Parker, seriously, I'm fine! I just wanna stick around a little longer for Sam. I'm worried about him," Campbell tucked herself further behind the corner of the gas station they had stopped at.

"Whatever you say," her roommate sing-songed into the other side of the line.

Campbell let out a laugh, "talk soon, P. Promise."

"Who was that," Dean popped up out of practically nowhere.

"Gah! Dean!" Campbell flipped her phone closed and marched towards the impala.

"Boyfriend?" Dean teased as he looked over the hood of the impala at Campbell.

"No," she huffed, "get in the car."

"Campbell's got a boyfriend?" Sam questioned as his siblings took their seats.

"No, and even if I did it's not like I'd tell you."

"Oh c'mon! Why not?" Dean mused.

"Brian Avery in Billings, Alex Watkins in Roanoke, Nick Yates in Pheonix," Sam deadpanned, "shall I continue?"

"Who?"

"Just a few of the boys you scared off," Campbell let out in a sigh. "They weren't even official boyfriends! But, if you must know, I was talking to my roommate, Parker."

"Anyways," Sam drawled out. "We're about three hours out from Blackwater Ridge."

"Hey, you wanna drive for a 'lil while?" Dean glanced from the wheel in front of him to Sam. In all honesty, Dean and Campbell felt horrible after what had happened to Jess. They both had taken turns offering to help Sam or doing a little something extra for him as a tiny way to make things better.

"WHAT?" Campbell shot up from the back seat.

"Shaddup. Sam, do you wanna drive?"

"Dean in all my life you have never asked me that," Sam spoke. Dean continued to look at him, still waiting for a response. "No, I'm good."