FIFTEEN

SUPERPOSITION // YOUNG THE GIANT

MIRACLES

CAMPBELL SLAMS the door behind her as she enters the motel room with Dean. Sam is sat at the table over in the corner, eyes not lifting from the laptop in front of him. It's silent for a few moments before Campbell can't stand it any longer, "what'd you find out?"

"Ellie, I'm so sorry," Sam softly speaks

"What did you find out?" Her tone is rushed this time. 

"Marissa Hall... died at 4:17." 

Campbell sighs and looks to her feet, "the exact time I was healed..." 

"Yeah," Sam says, "so I went ahead and put together a list everyone Roy has healed and I cross-checked them with obits. Every time someone was healed, someone else died, and each time the victim died of the same symptom La Grange was healing them of." Campbell takes a seat at the table and Sam passes over his notes for her and Dean to look at. 

"Someone's healed of cancer, someone else dies of cancer?" Dean asks. 

"Somehow, he's trading one life for another." 

"Wait, wait, wait," Campbell's eyes start to brew tears, "... Marissa Hall died to save me?"

"Campbell, the girl probably would've died anyway. And someone else would've been healed."

"You never should have brought me here," she stands and walks over to the bed to get some distance.

"Elle, we were just trying to save your life," Sam protests.

"You always do that! I'm not your responsibility! I'm not 10 years old anymore!" Campbell cries, "boys, some girl is dead now because of me." 

"Damnit, Campbell you are always my responsibility!" Dean fires back. "We're gonna fix it, okay?" The youngest hunter just rolls her eyes.

"The thing that I don't understand is, how is he trading a life for a life?" Sam questions, trying to divert the conversation to another area.

"No, he's not doing it," Campbell points at Sam, "something else is doing it for him."

"What do you mean?"

"The old man I saw on stage, I didn't want to believe it... but deep down I knew what it was. There's only one thing that can give and take life like that." The boys just stare at her in confusion, prompting her to roll her eyes again, "we're dealing with a reaper."

"You really think it's the grim reaper? Like an angel of death, collect your soul, the whole deal?" Sam ponders.

"No, no, not the reaper -- a reaper," Campbell moves to snatch the laptop from in front of Dean. "There's reaper lore in almost every culture on earth. There are multiple names, it's possible that there's more than one."