TWENTY TWO

HELL HOUSE

"HEY, ELLIE," Dean whispers over his shoulder as the Winchesters once again make their way down the interstate. This time they're headed for Texas.

Campbell Grace is sprawled out on the back bench, converse-clad feet tucked onto the window sill on the impala's rear door. Sam is fast asleep, and has been for the past 2 hours or so. Campbell thinks it's a miracle that he's able to sleep through Dean's music blaring. And of course, Dean is sat in the driver's seat with his led foot on the gas. 

"What?" Campbell whispers back and sits up to lean closer.

"Do you have that spoon from your breakfast left over?" 

Campbell directs her attention to the floor board of the car and finds her granola and yogurt container tucked into the grocery bag. She sifts through the remnants of her early morning meal and withdrawals the utensil that Dean had asked for. "Uh... yeah? Why?"

Dean just chuckles and puts a finger to his lips in order to silence his sister. Slowly and very carefully, Dean sticks the spoon into Sam's agape mouth. Campbell rolls her eyes at his childish game, but laughs regardless as the oldest brother brandishes his phone and snaps a picture of Sam's slumber. 

"Your camera shutter is gonna wake him up," Campbell taunts her brother. 

"Nope," Dean smiles, "but this will!" Before Campbell can object, Dean has cranked the music up to its full volume and is screaming, rather than singing, along. The youngest Winchester has tears in her eyes from laughing too hard. 

Dean beats on the steering wheel like a madman and continues to sing along as Sam scolds him. "Ha ha, very funny," he grumbles and reaches to turn down the volume. 

Campbell and Dean are still in hysterics. "Will you send me that?" Campbell manages to speak through her fits of laughter. 

"Sorry Sammy, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas." Dean has a shit eating grin on his face. "Kinda gotta make your own."

"Man, we're not kids anymore!" Sam shakes his head, "we're not gonna start that crap up again."

"Start what up again?" Dean asks.

"That dumb prank stuff!" 

"NO!" Campbell shrieks in horror, "it is so stupid and it always escalates! And do you wanna know who is always caught in the crossfire?! ME!"