ELEVEN

DO I WANNA KNOW? // ARCTIC MONKEYS

ON THE CUSP

"SAM, DEAN, Campbell Grace," Jenny opens the door with Richie on her hip, clearly distressed, "what're you doing here?"

"Hey, Jenny," Sam begins softly, "this is our friend Missouri, we were just wondering if we could show her the house for old times sake."

"No, you know, this isn't a good time," Jenny bounces Richie a bit, his bottom lip quivering ever so slightly, "I'm kind of busy."

"Listen, Jenny, this is important- ah!" Dean winces as Missouri whacks him on the back of the head.

"Give the poor girl a break can't you see she's in distress?" she scorns Dean then turns to Jenny, "forgive this boy, he means well he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed," Campbell smirks, "but hear me out."

"About what?" Jenny has a confused look upon her face.

"About this house," Missouri gestures inside.

"What're you talking about?"

"I think you know what I'm talking about, you think there's something in this house. Something that wants to hurt your family, am I mistaken?" 

Jenny looks at the Winchesters with panic written across her face, "who are you?"

"We're people that can help," Missouri continues, "who can stop this thing, but you're gonna have to trust us just a little."

Jenny sighs and ponders this for a moment before letting them into her home. They wander the halls, following Missouri up the stairs and into what looks like Sari's room. "This should be the center of it," she mutters.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"This used to be your nursery, Campbell Grace, this is where it all happened," Missouri replies as Campbell gulps. The three Winchesters immediately glance up at the ceiling.

Missouri begins to walk around the room, placing her hand on various objects. Campbell begins to wonder what the hell she's doing, but then it dawns on her. She's reading energies like Campbell does sometimes. However, this seems more controlled like Missouri is looking for them - but they usually just slap Campbell in the face. 

"Kids I don't know if you should be relieved or disappointed, but this ain't the thing that took your mother," she finally speaks.

Dean's eyebrows shoot up, "how can you be so sure?"

"It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here," Missouri moves across the room Sari's closet. "It's something different."

"What is it?" Campbell asks.