Chapter Twenty Nine: A Thousand Tons of Holiday Spirit

coincidentally, the plot has reached its christmas height during the actual holidays. hopefully this gets you into the slightest bit of holiday spirits :) song to the side is by micheal bublé, a fun christmas song to sing with friends haha. ignore weird mistakes and typos, enjoy xx

* * *

Chapter Twenty Nine: A Thousand Tons of Holiday Spirit

It's finally that time of the year, people.

The time where we freeze our asses off with the weather outside. The time where we empty out everything we got in our pockets and wallets to go shopping. The time where we listen to the same genre of music for twenty five days straight, even well into the New Year. The time for no school, for quality family-friend time, for gift giving and gift receiving . . .

Now that's all jolly and cheerful and whatever, but adding the happiness that comes with the holidays to Jessica's already shining personality . . .

"'Tis the season to be jolly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la! Don we now our gay apparel, fa-la-la -"

"Oh, Jess, not now," I moaned, dropping the papers in my hands and my head onto the desk with a thud. Jessica, filled to the brim with holiday joy for the second day of December, ignored my complaints as she purposely belted out Christmas tunes in an off-tune voice. Sounded worse than Chris' starving walrus call of death mixed with bird noises.

"Sunshine - baby, please be quiet," I pleaded in a groan, swiveling around in my chair to look at her tiredly. It was a study night for us, and as always a migraine was quickly growing as I stared at the variety of worksheets and handouts.

She's lucky I liked her, border on love. That's right, I didn't deny Mark's words for a reason and that's because there's no use in lying to myself.

The only slightest bit of comfort in the midst of my study struggles and bearing horribly sung Christmas songs is my affection for this little ball of sunshine and spirits.

Jessica smirked at me playfully, reluctantly loosening my annoyance for her. Reaching over for my phone sitting next to where she lie on her stomach on my bed, she swung her legs carefreely as she surfed on the device. I raised an eyebrow as she glanced up at me from her eyelashes, then turned back around, thinking that this was an end to her singing.

But then music abruptly blasted loudly from my phone, and I whirled back around to see her smiling widely at me.

"Christmas!" she sang, rolling onto her back and flailing her legs in the air. "Pretty light on the trees. Christmas! I'm watching them shine. Christmas! You should be here with me. Baby, please come home!"

Despite my pounding headache, I smiled. "Oh, Jesus," I whispered, shaking my head yet letting out a laugh as Jessica suddenly wrapped her arms around my neck from behind.

"They're singing deck the halls, but it's not like Christmas at all. I remember when you were here, all the fun we had last year!" she bellowed into my ear, giggling as she pressed a kiss to my cheek. "C'mon, Reece. How can you not be in the spirit? It's already December."

I rested my head back against her and closed my eyes. "It's literally the second day and you're ready to go join a Christmas parade or something," I stated flatly.

She slapped my shoulder, laughing. "Don't be a grinch. Maybe I should start singing more to get you in the mood," she mused, and her arms disappeared from around me. Over my shoulder, I could see Jessica swiping my phone again.

If she continues to do this for twenty three more days, my patience isn't going to last very long. It's bad enough that Rebecca was the most jolly in this house. I'm not sure I can survive Jessica's personality multiplied.