Chapter 4

Giovanna Saverino moved her finger to open her golden compact mirror, she pulled out her favorite blood red lipstick and swept it over her lips before putting on her large brown glasses. For the third time, she checked her loose wavy blonde hair bangs and tightened her leopard print coat. After all, she had to make sure that her appearance was perfect. Her limousine stopped in front of the restaurant and her driver politely told her that they had arrived. He opened the door for her and she stepped out of the limousine looking like she just came out of a La Dolce Vita, which was one of her style inspiration.

While she was standing there, she could feel a few gazes being directed at her. Smiling, she found it amusing that even at such age a bunch of people still found her striking. With a tall posture, she entered the restaurant and was immediately greeted by one of the waiter.

"Saverino, please." The waiter stared at the guest list and nodded. He led her to her seat, where Gianluca had anxiously waited for her for the past ten minutes. With her typical poker face, she took a seat across him, crossing her legs and steeping her fingers together in a rather intimidating demeanor.

"Hello, brother." Her voice was low and raspy, she never changed much since the last time he had seen her, he could not reply as she read the menu, as he knew exactly she was not there looking for an answer, in the end, she decided to settle with a plate of mushroom risotto. Once done ordering, she turned her attention to him, who was sweating in nervousness before her.

"What a rare occasion, my brother is inviting me out on a lunch, during his precious workday. Something must have hit your head." She poured over the champagne on her glass, taking small sips as she waited for his answer. Gianluca had no idea where to start, he really need to talk to someone, and at the moment, the only person he could talk regarding the matter was his sister.

Giovanna was three years older than Gianluca, but she had managed to maintain her youth by doing an array of extensive treatment, although she was in her fifties, she looked like she was in her thirties, still, she was a widow with no child, her late husband was an Italian tycoon who died out of sudden heart attack, since neither of them had any child before meeting each other and he had a trust issue with his other family members, he left most of his fortune to her, while the rest were given for charity. Even Gianluca himself could not compare his wealth to hers, with her current lifestyle, she would not need to work a day and still have plenty left after her death, but of course, The Saverino were not those kind of people and Giovanna was not an exception, she was a successful CEO, and an extremely intelligent woman, a little bit cold, yes, but definitely intelligent. She was classy and wild at the same time, a dangerous combination.

"I need your help" She lifted her eyebrows and gave her brother a sharp gaze.

"About what?"

"It's about my son, Alessio, he is currently unconscious, your nephew got in a car accident and now he's in a coma. I had asked Valentino to come home to take over his work for a while, but I am afraid it would not be as sustainable, I am seeking your advice on what I should do, because everything is happening so suddenly, and I am not sure how I am supposed to handle this." Giovanna was unusually calm, yes, she had heard the news about her nephew and truth to be told, she was a bit unsure on how she was supposed to react.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to help Valentino out, my boy had opened up the path of success for himself, however he still does not know much about the family business, I could have taught him but you know he does not really listen to me. Valentino listens better to you, which is why I am asking you to guide him through this new path, until Alessio wakes up, I need Valentino to be ready to take over his brother's position temporarily"