Chapter 28

"What are you doing?" Ginerva asked her sister when she suddenly showed up in her apartment so early in the morning. She had called an hour earlier telling her to free up her schedule for the day because she wanted to go out somewhere with here. Ginerva was barely dressed when her sister arrived since she had literally just woken up an hour earlier. Meanwhile at 8 A.M, Valeria was standing there looking all proper and put together. She wore a mustard turtleneck with black trouser and a pair of black heels. Her hair was swept to the side and she wore a dainty golden earing which matched her top for the day. Her face was polished with natural makeup and she had a peachy coral lipstick on, making her look bright and fresh. Her look was completed with a square shaped designer flap bag with gold chain and embellishment in the middle section. Valeria had always had a natural sense of fashion before but that day she looked like she was going to rock the runway.

"Let's go shopping" she stated casually as she placed one of her palm on her hips. Ginerva did not know if she was still dreaming or if her sister was actually saying the things she would never say under normal circumstance. Valeria did like shopping, but it was usually Ginerva who would drag her sister to shop along with her.

Yes, she had heard about the news of her breakup with Alessio, everyone in the family already did, she personally had never confronted her sister about the matter because she knew she must have had quite a number of people asking her for clarification and as a model who had had several failed dating experience in the past, Ginerva understood how annoying it could be for people to constantly mention about her breakup, she would not do the same to her knowing how much she had suffered. Besides, much to her surprise, Valeria was looking completely fine.

"Okay, fine, let me change my clothes and get ready first. You can wait in the living room or my room if you want to. Whatever suits you, serve yourself some drink as well, you know where to find them" Ginerva spoke casually as she grabbed a clean tower from the towel shelf and headed into the bathroom.

One hour later the two women were already heading out to Rinascente, The mall was filled with an abundance of designer and luxury brands on every corner of the building. That day, Valeria was not holding herself back, she went to most boutiques the building had to offer and beside doing window shopping, the two sisters did some massive shopping, starting from new handbags, shoes to makeup, skincare and perfumes. They spent at least 10.000 euros each within a day. Valeria used to believe that shopping on material items would not be able to cease the pain she was feeling, but she was wrong, of course the effect would not be long term, but it made for a pretty good distraction from her present circumstance.

This whole time Valeria was too humble, she never truly treated herself the way she was supposed to be treated. She should have known that people was going to treat her the way she treated herself. If she did not fully appreciate herself, how could other people appreciate her. She had the resource, wasting a few thousands euros would not blow her bank account, she might as well do it once in a while.

"You know Valeria, when you are shopping for a designer bag, you have to be smart about it. I would suggest to stick to the classic unless you are a fashion influencer or someone who works in fashion industry, because trends come and go. You want to be able to resell your luxury goods with a good price when you no longer want them, this is why I'm here to accompany you so you don't make terrible choices" she gushed at her sister who was selecting a new pair of shoes from Louboutin. The red sole had never been her thing before but somehow she found them more attractive after looking at them in person.

"You should get a nude pair of Pigalle, those are classics and they will look good paired with anything" she suggested.

Once they were tired of shopping, they went to the car to place their items before going back inside to have lunch before continuing their sight-seeing adventure. They agreed to try out something different, so they went to a Japanese restaurant to order some sushi. It was during this time could they finally had a heartfelt talk.

"You know Ginerva, I am actually glad that I no longer have to deal with Alessio. Lately he had been acting distant anyway and I kept on wondering what was actually wrong with him. Now I know why, and I am so happy that I found out about this before our marriage, you know divorce fee is quite high in the recent years. The only person who benefit from a divorce is the lawyer. God is still saving me from a lifetime regret" she admitted, finally bringing the topic of Alessio on the table.

"You know, ever since we were young I already had a weird feeling about Alessio, I don't know why I never thought of him as genuine. I prefer his younger brother, to be honest" With the mention of Valentino, a blush crept into Valeria's face.

"Yes, Valentino is indeed, something. He's definitely more genuine than his brother" Valeria complimented as she took a bite of her sushi. Ginerva observed her sister's behavior, who was acting like a smitten kitten. Perhaps, Valentino had something to do with her sister? Everyone in their mother knew that Valentino had always liked Valeria beyond a female friend, but with the whole incidents that had happened, Valentino's involvement would come to no surprise to anyone. She could no longer contain her curiosity. Putting her chopstick on her plate, Ginerva crossed her arm on the table and leaned in closer to her sister.

"Valeria, I want to ask you something, but you have to be honest with me" Valeria lifted her face, giving her a slight nod.

"Do you have any feelings for Valentino? Be honest. I swear I won't judge if you do" Valeria was unsure of her own feelings toward Valentino. Of course, in comparison to Alessio, Valentino was truly kind and affectionate toward her, but she would be lying if she said she loved him, cause her feelings were yet on that stage. Did she like him? Of course she did, it was not difficult to like Valentino since he was a true gentleman who treated her with nothing but chivalry. How was she supposed to answer the question, then?

"I don't know. It's complicated"

"Okay then, we shouldn't talk about those stupid men any longer. I know, why don't we go back to my place and try out the items we just bought and tonight we should go to a lounge and have some sister's night out?" Ginerva suggested. The lounge? Well, it had been a while since she went to a lounge to hang out and not for business. The idea did not seem so terrible.

She agreed to it and after finishing their lunch, they went back to Ginerva place, and her sister, being the fashion model she was, had enough clothes in her closet for her to wear. They ended up getting ready together while Valeria borrowed a stunning navy backless long sleeve dress from Ginerva's closet that revealed just a hint of her cleavage. She wore the nude heels she just bought earlier, matched it with a nude colored clutch and put on a new pair of diamond earrings which made completed her million-dollar look. She kept her lip simple with a brownish nude shade but truly played up her eyes with a brown smoky look. Valeria was already beautiful enough as she was, but that evening she was looking even more stunning. On the other hand, Ginerva wore a silver mini dress with puffy sleeves and paired it with silver stiletto and clutch, to balance her look, she made sure her makeup was toned down since she wanted her outfit to be the spotlight for the night.

Once they were ready, they went to a lounge in their area and ordered themselves some drink. Unlike common clubs, the lounge was not as crowded and it radiated a strangely calming atmosphere. Valeria did not want something too strong, she just wanted something sweet and relaxing while Ginerva did not mind going with something stronger. They were not going to get drunk by the end of the night anyway, both women know their own limits.

Valeria thought she would spend the night in silence, suddenly out of nowhere she felt someone sitting on the chair beside her. She turned her head to find none other than Silvano Nero. She was unsure if it was coincidental but she felt like since their first meeting, she kept on stumbling across the man for no reason.

"Valeria, I cannot believe we meet again, this has to be fate" He asserted.

"Silvano, what are you doing here?"

Valeria did not know it yet, but the moment she decided to agree to go out that evening, the rest of her night would be quite eventful.