Chapter 15

Valeria was spending some time alone in her house, she was playing her piano as usual to relax herself. Her slender fingers gracefully tapped on the keys, creating a harmonious melody in the air. Her piano was placed near the window, allowing the ray of sunlight to enter the room as she played, the thin inner curtain filtered out the heat, allowing only light to enter the living room. Creating an angelic, almost heavenly like atmosphere around her. She was wearing a soft pink silk robe which fell softly on the carpet.

The music she decided to play was Claire de Lune, it was a classic favorite of her that always remained a timeless piece. The contrast of the darkness of her silhouette against the light composed an almost artistic view from afar. Only when she was playing piano or violin could she forget about all of her problems. In those moments, she felt truly grounded and alive. It was almost as if time paused at the edge of her fingertips. She had practiced the piece many times over, she could play it with her eyes closed, which enhanced the whole experience, as her whole senses were heightened.

If angels existed on earth, Valeria would be one of them.

As she finished her piece, she stood up from her seat and gazed out of the window, searching for any sort of activity outside. Near her place there was a small public park which would often be crowded with visitors on the weekend. However, for some peculiar reason, that night she found no one in the park, the whole place was empty. She contemplated on it for a while, then suddenly a brilliant idea went on to her mind. She went out of the living room and walked to her bedroom to exchange her clothes. This time, she settled with a midi length ivory dress with a transparent chiffon puff on the arm area. She fixed her hair and touched up her powder, then she took her violin from its case and walked outside. Some strangers who were around, especially the men, were staring at her because she was dressed differently from the women they often saw, she actually looked prim and proper, but still had that enchanting air around her. Though she paid no attention to it. Instead she went to the park which took her less than five minutes to reach to. Placing her violin case on one of the statue's edge and started playing the violin. She usually would never conduct such a public show, but since the place was nearly empty, she did not care. She always wanted to do something like that, but she was too embarrassed outside a formal concert hall, it might be a good practice for her in case it was needed in the future.

On her Violin, she started playing "Hallelujah", which was another one of her favorite piece. She always felt unusually calm whenever she played it. The wind was blowing against her hair, and she had seen enough of Lindsey Stirling performance that she started moving her body as she played instead of just rigidly staying in one place. She made a slow spin on the grass as she strum the string.

The joy she felt when she reached the middle part was tremendous, it was like all of her emotions blended in with the music, and a small frown appeared on her forehead as she closed her eyes. Feeling the emotion of the melody. It was then when she had finished her music that she felt someone's presence around her. She opened her eyes and saw a familiar looking man standing right across her. When his eyes met hers, he started clapping with a smile on his face.

It took a moment for Valeria to recognize the man. Then it came to her. The man was none other than Silvano Nero. The man she had met at one of her recent party.

He was standing there with a polo green shirt and jeans, looking much more casual than their initial encounter. It was such a coincidence. Valeria never thought she would meet the man again especially not after everything that had happened in her life. Her mind was already filled enough with the mess between her, Alessio, and Valentino, she had no time to think of anyone else.

"Hallelujah, huh? I like that song. The story behind it really touches me, you know. A lot of people never consider the lyrics and just enjoy the music, but I actually love the way you played, it was so pure and intense at the same time" he commented as he approached her. She placed her violin back in its case and closed the lid. She turned to him with a polite smile, before answering to his statement.

"Thank you, I was not expecting anyone to listen to it. What are you doing here, Signore Nero?" Silvano crossed his eyes when she called him by his last name.

"Come on, just call me Silvano. Signore Nero makes me feel like my father" it felt almost like a déjà vu. He chuckled before he continued.

"I actually own a property around here, the previous tenant had just moved elsewhere and I just want to check the house to see if anything needs any fixing. It's technically not my job, but I am glad I did, because I got to see your wonderful performance" it sounded like a total coincidence, which put Valeria at ease because at least he was not stalking her. Well, who could blame her? Anyone in her position would most likely develop a similar trust issues as well.

"Okay, I'll just call you Silvano from now on, if we do meet again, now I think I will need to go home, it's getting hot around here and I need to start preparing for lunch" Just before she could walk away, he reached out his hand to block her way, as he said "wait". Valeria stared at him with an upside down brow, she was not happy that he was blocking her way back, the man did not seem to want to waste her time further. Thus he decided to just get to the point and get it over with.

"I was waiting for your call. You never did" Valeria thought he was crazy, she was pretty sure she had made it clear that she was an engaged woman before, what else was he expecting from her?

"Oh, I'm sorry, but last time I check I'm engaged, I simply had no reason to call you" she admitted, feeling slightly bothered by his attitude. He seemed to realize the tension in her muscle, and decided to withdraw his hand while putting on a sweet smile, as if he was trying to cover for the awkwardness of what had just happened.

"I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I was just hoping to know you better, perhaps we could be friends", Oh yeah, the classic and cliché statement a lot of men make when they try to steal a chance with an occupied woman. Of course, Valeria was not buying it. She might not like direct confrontation, as she preferred peace over war anytime, however she was not foolish or naïve, at that point in her life she had dealt with many kinds of people, and sometimes, there were people who would try to take advantage of her. Since her childhood, being a Valenza alone had made her the victim of many false people who wanted to taste the wealth of her family, which was why she had always been cautious around people and would rarely ever reveal who she was if she had the chance to.

When she was in school, a lot of boys would try to lure her with their charming endeavor, but of course, all they ever wanted from her was sex, and if they were lucky, then maybe they would date her, but as a rather conservative catholic woman, she always steered clear from these types of men and stick to the ones she knew had no ill intention.

As someone who had experience many unpredicted things in life due to her beauty and family name, she was getting really good at reading people's intention and it was safe to say that Silvano Nero was not someone she was fond of. Before when there were still other people around them, she did not feel it that much, but then when it was only the two of them, his intentions became even clearer. She did not know why she even took his number that night, she must have been influenced by her annoyance for that woman, who was her name again, and failed to notice his true intention.

"Well, perhaps we could discuss that later, I really need to make some lunch"

'We could have lunch together and get to know each other, how does that sound?" that man really did not understand the meaning of no. She was clearly not interested. She wondered what happened in his childhood that made him so oblivious.

"Thank you for your offer, but I'd really prefer cooking my own meal. Good afternoon" with that, she sped walk just to get as far away from him, of course she knew he was still watching, but she lived in an apartment, she should be fine. As long as he did not know her exact address.

She did not turn around and just went straight to her place. From her living room, she quickly ran to the window to see if he was still standing in the park, and thank goodness he was gone. She sighed a breath of relief and could not believe what had just happened.

Next time she would definitely be more careful.