21

When Taehyung saw Jungkook after the weekend, he couldn't help but frown. Even if he tried to hide it with a smile, Taehyung could see that Jungkook was sad. Jungkook's eyes weren't shinning their usual sparkle. All of a sudden, Taehyung chest felt heavy. He caused that. He caused Jungkook pain.

As soon as Jungkook noticed Taehyung approaching, he shooed his friend and stood up from the stairs he was sitting on. Jungkook's friend laughed and shook his head.

"Fine, fine. Go to your boyfriend." he teased Jungkook which made him blush.

"He's-He's not my boyfriend." mumbled Jungkook, but still ran towards Taehyung and gave him a big hug.

Jungkook needed it.

He gripped Taehyung's shirt with his hands and didn't let go. Taehyung put one of his hand on Jungkook's head and patted it while the other one found its way around Jungkook's waist.

"Not my boyfriend my ass." Taehyung heard a clearly meant for him to hear comment from Jungkook's friend.

Jungkook freezed in Taehyung's hold after hearing that.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

He didn't want to lose Taehyung to a comment that he wished was true. Jungkook didn't know whether Taehyung liked him more than a friend or not, but he sure didn't want to find it out if it meant them not talking ever again. He already lost his soulmate, losing Taehyung would break him for good.

But the what if couldn't leave Jungkook's head. What if Taehyung liked him? What if he wanted to be with him? Jungkook sighed.

"Here's your candy." he said as he moved from Taehyung's hold.

Taehyung took the candy bag from Jungkook's hand and stared at it.

A candy for a hug.

He remembered their renewed deal.

"Hope you like it. Oh and my dad says hi."

Taehyung heard Jungkook's voice, but he didn't bring his gaze to Jungkook, Taehyung kept on looking at the bag. Looking at it made him think. Was it worth breaking Jungkook's heart just to please his grandpa?

"Taehyung? Is everything okay?" asked him Jungkook. He began to worry.

How could he do that to Jungkook? He left him waiting and then crushed him. But even if he didn't listen to his grandpa, Taehyung knew that he would find a way to break him and his soulmate up.

But what if he didn't know that Jungkook was his soulmate? His grandpa didn't say anything about dating anyone that's not his soulmate. After all, Taehyung's the only one who knows that Jungkook is his soulmate.

His.

Yes, Jungkook was only Taehyung's.

"Jungkook." Taehyung didn't feel when Jungkook's name escaped his lips.

"What is it?" he moved closer and looked up at Taehyung. Was he not feeling well?

But Jungkook should know, he had the right to know.

"I..." he had to tell Jungkook the truth.

Yet when Taehyung finally met Jungkook's gaze, he didn't want to see those eyes filled with tears, betrayal.

"I...I want to talk about our deal."

Jungkook looked at him confused.

"The candy for a hug one? What about it?"

Did that comment made it awkward? Will he want to cancel our deal?

"I want to change the hug part...if it's okay with you." Taehyung watched as Jungkook's eyes widened and then for a brief moment he thought he saw tears.

"O-oh yeah. I don't mind. To what do y-you want to change it?"

A high five? Shaking hands? Nothing?

"How about...a candy for a kiss?"

Jungkook nodded and tried not to seem sad, giving Taehyung a small smile to-

Wait what.

"W-what?"