29

t w e n t y - n i n e| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I hop off the bed, waking up to an unusual and unfamiliar liveliness.

The one thing that hasn't changed, though, was that I still woke up "late" according to Felix.

You know those days when you suddenly wake up feeling bright and giddy? Those days when you finally have the energy and motivation to do work?

Yeah, that was me today.

I felt surprisingly passionate and fresh and I was more than willing to train.

I walk—more like prance—towards the mirror, throwing a peace sign and winking to myself.

Craning my neck, I run a finger over Theo's mark: a moon outlined in blank ink with its center blank. A silhouette of a wolf's head filled the empty space inside the full moon.

An Alpha's mark automatically makes you a true Luna and could only be imprinted on their soulmates, preventing most Alpha's from marking another person other than their mate. Otherwise, the connection between the Luna and the pack is weaker.

I couldn't be any happier to say that I didn't have to go through some old traditions like other Lunas from other packs do. I was no way in hell gonna drink everyone's blood and risk getting some disease or have some sacrificial offering.

I grin when I acknowledge the new spirit resting inside me. My heart was thrumming with zest and my mind was swirling with vigor. The Luna's position gave me the intention to care and to protect my pack.

Too bad for them I have a different way of doing so.

Somewhere deep in my mind, I could make out a very exhilarated Emilio prodding the mind link in and attempt to communicate.

I block him out.

I grab a random black shirt out of a thousand from Theo's closet. I walk to the pile of new clothes Celestina had given me. It wouldn't last me for more than a week's worth of clothes, but it would suffice for now.

Changing into it and grey sweatpants, I contemplate putting on a hoodie, then decided it was too hot.

"You coming to training or do I have to kindly drag you again like I always do?" Felix sweetly informs me through the mind link.

"Actually, now that you mention it, I'm suddenly too tired," I mention. Slipping on running shoes I stole from Talia, I leave the room and close the door behind me.

"Since when are you not?" Giovanni adds, breaking through the link.

I roll my eyes and block both of them out.

After going down millions of staircases, I finally reach ground level and find my way out to the training grounds.

I saunter to Celestina, who was busy studying the women dying from lack of breath as they completed their trillionth lap, I assume.

I slow my movements in an attempt to sneak up on Celestina. The idea died faster than it was sparked in my mind.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't even think about it," she drones with her back still turned to me. "It's not gonna work."