34

Make sure to recheck what chapter you're on before reading.

t h i r t y - f o u r| a l e x a n d r i a
___

"Tie her up," Silas commands his men.

With not a second wasted, I was immediately pushed to my knees while another ties a rope around my wrists behind my back. Soon, I had no choice but to release my grip on my weapon as someone forces my hands open.

"You son of a bitch," I hiss out.

"Tsk. Tsk. You need to control your mouth more, young lady," he drawls. Getting out of his puny little throne, he marches towards me with a glass of water.

Like I expected, he poured it on me with ease. I shiver when the coldness hits my skin. My hair was damp and a piece of hair covered my face, and it irritated me that I couldn't move the strand away.

Letting out a humorless chuckle, I continue, "Wine would've been fancier, you cheapskate."

He squats down so we met eye level and I took this opportunity to spit at his irritating face.

Silas closes his eyes in what I assume is an attempt to calm himself down. Bringing a hand to his face, he wipes himself clean and fakes a smile. "You and Theo really do belong to each other. Immature."

"Look who's speaking," I snarl at him.

This wipes off the counterfeit smile on his visage, replaced by a scowl. As if sensing his master's displeasure, the man who tied me up grabs my hair forcefully.

Oh no, my poor scalp.

"What is this?" I laugh out. "Thing 1 and Thing 2?"

Before I know it, a strong hand slaps my face so hard I could feel the scalding heat of its imprint on my skin.

I scoff. "Is that all you've got, old man?"

"No," he responds. I glare at his amused expression. "I'm just saving the best for last."

My cheek was hurting from the slap and the constant tugging on my scalp was making my headache much worse than it already is. In addition, the wolfsbane was also making me more exhausted.

"Why are you doing this, you fucking jerk?!" I scream at him.

"Revenge, my dear," he tells me as if it was the most obvious answer in the whole universe. "I'm a hungry man."

"Immature," I mock, imitating his voice in a high-pitched tone.

"You don't understand anything, do you?" he questions. I could sense his anger increasing more and more that it almost made me laugh. "You don't understand the pain of betrayal. I trusted Cara and she let me down. I offered to take care of her and that bastard child, and she rejects me. I loved her and she left me. Why should I be the one suffering?"

Okay.

"Then kill that bitch Cara, you son of a gun!" I scream at him, exasperated. "What do I have to do with this bullshit?!"

"You see, as hypocritical as it sounds, I would never lay a finger on my mate. The mate bond won't allow me and I won't let myself do so either. I loved her then and I still love her now. Too bad, us together is just plain toxic," he voices out. A dry chuckle follows right after.