Chapter 59 (NOT EDITED)

"Samson, I want to ask you something..." I began, resting in his arms. He hummed as he stroked my back and held my thigh over his waist. I shivered at the cold, night air. "While I was beating you at tick tack toe, Azulna was acting odd while they had their private conversation. I mean, it felt like she was suspicious of something, towards my brother. Have you noticed anything?" I asked.

Samson took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling. His eyes were still closed, and he had a small smile on his face. I smiled at him. He really enjoys our intimate activities. "Maybe, but I don't know if it's true."

"I would like to know." I cuddled closer when the wind blew again. Samson hummed and rolled on top of me. I turned my gaze to the stars as he kissed my neck. "I'm worried about him. He was tense, well I felt he was tense since we got here. I rarely see him that way."

I bite my lip when he took a nipple into his mouth. "S-samson, can you f-focus please?"

"I am focusing, on you..." He said after a moment of pleasuring me. "Unless you want me to focus on your brother?"

"Y-yes, my brother... for now." I cleared my throat after he kissed between my breasts. I looked down at him, facing his blue eyes. "Something tells me there's something odd about the wolf inside him. Azulna thinks so too." 

Samson closed his eyes, humming in thought. As I gave him a moment to think, I wondered what Azulna was worried about. If something's going on with Ophir, I wanted to know. I wish she could tell me, but I wouldn't want her to break a promise. 'Maybe if I bribe Ophir with food again he'll explain...' 

"You're not the only one who feels that way, my love." I blushed at his words. "Your brother is capable of being an alpha, but he isn't prepared to be one, mentally. I have a feeling this is Ophelia's situation all over again."

"You mean, like a wolf belonging to someone else inside another's body?" I frowned.

Samson stood over me, his hands beside my head. His eyes was shrouded in mystery. "Maybe. I don't know if it's possible to do that, but if I'm correct, your brother is being used."

"What? Why? What were they talking about?" I asked worriedly. Samson leaned closer and kissed my lips. I nearly whined when he pinned my wrists over my head. "Samson! Come on, I wanna know more! You mentioned before he wasn't a regular pack warrior. What did you mean? And well, yeah he seemed a bit much but, I'm still confused!"

"Mmhmm..." He kissed down my neck, sucked on a spot, then trailed back to my lips. I rolled my eyes. After a moment of kissing, he finally responded. "I know you're worried, but your brother seems to know what he's doing. Let's have faith in him, and Ephi when he figures out what's going on."

"Really? You mean it?" My eyes widened happily. Was he really serious?

"Nope." He grinned that dangerous, roguish grin that reminds me of his father. 'Dammit!'

"Sams-!" I moaned when he bit my neck. "You're not being helpful with my concerns!"

"Not at the moment, no. I'm concerned about you, my kids, and whether or not you can handle another 2 rounds." He whispered huskily against my breasts, then licked a nipple.

I shivered, feeling pleasure go through me for the 3rd time. "Can't we do this on a proper bed? The twigs beneath me are-Oh wait, I forgot I brought the girls here." I sighed, biting my lip again when he released my wrists and spread my legs. 

He chuckled. "That's what I thought. Now open wide for me, and moan out my name."

-X-

Ephraim watched DDD and Valeria's siblings as they enjoyed the TV in the game room, while his mother finished cooking dinner in the kitchen. Ophir was sleeping soundly in one of the guest bedrooms, still exhausted from releasing control of his body earlier. Despite not knowing what happened during their meeting, and failing miserably at defeating Valeria at her game, the beta was suspicious of Ophir, specifically his wolf. That wolf was hiding something, it annoyed Ephraim for playing the peaceful lycan and not being part of their conversation. He couldn't ask his lycan, one, he would never betray someone's trust. And two, silver wouldn't say anything without a good amount of evidence.

'What is this nagging feeling in my gut?' Ephraim thought. He let out a sigh when he heard Dominic whine about the lack of popcorn. 'Whatever the case, I'll investigate it later.'

Ephraim came close to the huddled group of kids and stopped Dominic from swinging at his brother. "No fighting."

"But he ate all the popcorn!" Dominic cried annoyingly. He glared at Damion, who in turn frowned, muttering he was sharing with Nora. 

"So what? You'll be eating dinner soon. Don't start swinging without a good reason." Ephraim scowled.

"Yeah, especially when I'm right between you guys." Donovan grumbled.

"And I'm right next to you!" Layla mentioned. 

 "Let's not fight..." Ephraim began, when he noticed his father at the door, motioning him over. "Finish the movie peacefully before we head down for dinner." He concluded with a warning look at the boys, then walked over to his alpha.

Solomon glanced at the kids, before turning to his son. "Has Silver said anything?"

Ephraim sighed. "No, nothing. He kept his word and wouldn't say a thing. However, we both agree her brother's wolf is something else. Well, someone else's for that matter."

Solomon wrinkled his nose. "His scent was familiar, I couldn't place it. It's been bothering me since they came. It brought back some memories too."

Ephraim raised a brow. "You know him?"

"Maybe, I don't know. It's frustrating when I can't place a scent." He combed roughly through his hair. "Where is your brother? Does he know anything?" 

Ephraim blushed. "Still in the forest, and I don't know."

Solomon looked over his face, then chuckled. "That boy acts just like me when I was his age. Still, he better come home soon. Or I'll be eating his share of the food."

"I agree. I wanna see if Valeria has any suspicions." Ephraim nodded in agreement. He glanced at his father, who was staring intently at him. "What is it?"

"You still blush when it comes to sex?" His father grinned in amusement. 

"What?!" Ephraim gawked, blushing and hushing his father with a whisper. "Not in front of the kids!"

"Seriously, You're how old? You're my son, you should have some perverted gene in you." Solomon chuckled, messing his son's hair. "I hate this word, but you are kind of cute."

"What the flying f*ck dad..." Ephraim covered his face and left the room. Only to be pulled back in a head lock. "Mom! Mom help!"

"Shut it boy, she has earphones on~" Solomon laughed, then let him go. His face turned serious. "Just a precaution, I want you to find out about the past packs around her family's home. I know for sure that pack wasn't always without a leader. The past alpha supposedly died, but I have a feeling it has something to do with them."

"What do you mean?" Ephraim asked, fixing his hair. "You mean that rogue pack? What about their past alpha?"

Solomon had a faraway look. "I think he's still around."