Chapter 1 I want to become a patissiere

One morning, a sixteen-year-old girl named Ichigo Amano was getting ready to go out with her family. Her little sister Natsume Amano had a piano recital today and she, her mother, and her father were going to watch Natsume at the recital together. But Ichigo didn't really want to go. The truth is she didn't really have good relationships with her mother and sister. Her mother Kyouko was a pianist as well as a piano teacher and Natsume had inherited her piano talents. Ichigo, on the other hand, didn't. She had tried to learn how to play the piano in the past, but she didn't really have the talent for that. Or so she thought but little did she know she did have the talent but because she loves baking and cooking so much she basically ignored her other talents and only sees them as a hobby. She has a beautiful voice and plays the violin and piano. So her mother had favored Natsume over Ichigo and Ichigo felt neglected by them.

Her father Shigeru Amano was an artist and Ichigo did have good artistic skills, but again Natsume had more talent with art than she did. Ichigo did have a good relationship with her dad, but she felt like nothing to both her parents compared to Natsume. In the past, Ichigo had tried to find talent for something like ballet and swimming, but they didn't turn out to be her talent, so Ichigo gave up on trying to be as talented as Natsume.

Even though Ichigo didn't have the so-called same music and art talent as her parents, there was one big talent that she did have. Ichigo was talented at making baking and cooking, like cakes, biscuits and pastries, and other desserts and dishes from all around the world. She had inherited this talent from her grandmother Michiko Amano. Ichigo loved her grandmother very much and always thought that she was the only one that cared about her. Michiko was a patisserie and owned a shop in the countryside. Ichigo always visited her grandmother a lot when she was a little girl, and Michiko taught her everything about being a patisserie. It was thanks to her that Ichigo became talented in making sweets.

The sad thing was Michiko died two years ago and Ichigo missed her very much. But Ichigo never stopped making sweets. Whenever her family wasn't around, she would practice making sweets in the kitchen at home and would also practice at school. She even continued making sweets at her grandmother's shop. Her uncle Hikaru Amano, who was a patissier, ran the shop now, and Ichigo liked to help him with making sweets for the shop. She had many recipe books for making sweet things like pies, biscuits, puddings, and cakes. Ichigo never revealed her talent for making sweets to her parents and sister, because she believed that it wouldn't make a difference in the relationship between her and her mother and sister.

Soon it was time to go to Natsume's piano recital. Ichigo was dressed in a pretty, but plain dress, with shoes, and let her hair fall lose. When she got downstairs her family was already waiting for her. "Why are you wearing something a bit plain?" asked Natsume. "Since I'm in the audience, I don't need to dress up smartly for this recital," said Ichigo. Her mother shook her head and dragged her back to her room and took a better and prettier outfit from her closet and laid it on the bed.

 Her mother shook her head and dragged her back to her room and took a better and prettier outfit from her closet and laid it on the bed