Chapter 4 I hate stupid cakes

St Marie Academy had a sweets shop called Salon de Marie. The Salon de Marie was run by the high school council and only high school students of the academy were allowed to work there. Not only did students and teachers visit the shop for sweets and drinks, but people from anywhere else liked to go to the shop too.

Ichigo and the sweets prince were visiting the shop and Ichigo admired it very much. "I take the high school students who work here have to be very talented right?" asked Ichigo. "Oh yes," said Sennosuke "the high school council, who runs the shop, show no mercy if you made a mistake while working here". "Wow, then if I do have the chance to work here in the future, then I better be careful," said Ichigo. "You do realize of course that working in a sweets shop isn't easy," said Makato. "Yes I do know that Kashino," said Ichigo "and I'll have you know I helped my grandma with her shop every summer when she was alive, and I helped uncle Hikaru, who runs the shop now, ever since grandma died".

Just then Sennosuke had a thought. "I'm going to help my family with my family's shop this weekend," he said, "why don't all of you come to help out too?" "Can I really?" asked Ichigo. "Of course, my family won't mind the extra hands," said Sennosuke. So Ichigo, Makato, and Satsuki all agreed to go with Sennosuke to his family's shop at the weekend.

That weekend Ichigo and the sweets princes went to Sennosuke's house. Sennosuke introduced Ichigo to his mother, father, and grandfather and they were happy to meet her. They were also delighted that Sennosuke's friends came to help out in the shop. Ichigo also found out that Sennosuke had four younger siblings; one brother and three sisters, so Sennosuke had quite a big family.

Soon Ichigo and the sweets princes were now working in the shop. Ichigo became a waitress and was now taking orders and giving the customers their orders. "You seem good at this Ichigo" Vanilla said to her. "I've had tons of practice at my grandma's shop" replied Ichigo. The Sennosuke and Satsuki were impressed with Ichigo's work as well. "Amano-san is quite good at this," said Sennosuke. "I agree, and she's having no trouble at all," said Satsuki. Makato was watching Ichigo at work and seemed to be a little bit impressed as well.

At break time, Sennosuke served tea and sweets for everyone. "You seemed to know what you were doing as a waitress Amano," said Makato. "I didn't make it up you know when I said that I've served customers in a shop before, thank you Kashino," said Ichigo. "I think you did really well Amano-san," said Sennosuke. Sennosuke's three sisters liked Ichigo and started calling her Onee-chan (which meant older sister). But there was one of Sennosuke's siblings who didn't like Ichigo; it was Sennosuke's brother Ichita Andou.

Ichita Andou was a bratty, bossy and rude tempered type of kid. Not only did he not like Ichigo, but he didn't like Makato and Satsuki either. He kept on ordering them to leave and even gave them rude nicknames. Ichigo was called cake pig, Satsuki was called narcissist and Makato was called Marbodofu. Sennosuke was not happy with Ichita's behavior. The truth is Ichita had been like that ever since he first attended St Marie Academy. "Ichita and I were really close to each other all the time," Sennosuke explained, "but when I decided to become a patissier, Ichita's behavior towards me changed". Ichigo thought it was strange that Ichita was behaving like that; Sennosuke's mother, father, grandfather and sisters didn't mind him being a patissier. Ichigo had the feeling that something was up. "Andou-Kun what made you decide to become a patissier?" she asked. Sennosuke explained that when he and Makato were young, he tried a cake for the first time when it was Makato's birthday. Sennosuke had never tried cakes before because he had only eaten Japanese sweets. "The cake was so delicious that I wanted to eat more, so I decided to learn to make cakes, using our bean red paste and our other ingredients for making Japanese sweets. After I made my first cake, I decided to become a patissier and make both Japanese and western sweets and set up my own store near to my family's store". "I see that's a good dream," said Ichigo.

That evening, when the shop closed for the night, Ichigo decided to have a talk with Ichita. "You shouldn't poke your nose into other people's business Ichigo," said Vanilla. "I know that Vanilla," said Ichigo "but I have a feeling that there is a reason why Ichita hates his brother being a patissier and cakes. And I wish to find out what it is". Ichigo found Ichita in the kitchen and he was boiling azuki beans in the pot. "I take it you also help round in the shop?" Ichigo asked Ichita. "Of course," Ichita answered rudely "grandpa has bad eyesight so I sort out the beans from the good and bad and then boil the beans into paste". "I see," said Ichigo "you're a good helper Ichita". Ichita blushed a bit at that comment. "Hey Ichita-Kun, why do you hate cakes?" asked Ichigo "and why do you hate your brother being a patissier? I mean no one else in the family minds Andou-Kun being a patissier". Ichita stopped stirring, turned off the heat and led Ichigo out of the kitchen. "I don't want anyone else to hear what I'm about to tell you," he said.

Ichita led Ichigo to the hallway of the house. "I hate cakes because they took Sennosuke away from me," he said. He explained that he and Sennosuke helped out in the shop all the time together and Sennosuke taught him everything he knew now. "It was also my dream to take over this shop one day with my brother alongside me. But since my brother is studying to be a patissier, my dream is now ruined and he chooses cakes over me". Ichita started to cry. 'I get it now,' thought Ichigo 'Ichita-Kun doesn't really understand Andou-Kun's dreams and feelings'. Ichigo rubbed Ichita's head. "That is not true Ichita-Kun," she said "Andou-Kun's desire to be a patissier is a lot different than you think. And you will find a new dream-like Andou-Kun did". Ichita just stared at Ichigo.

Ichigo had a word with Sennosuke, Makato, and Satsuki and told them about how Ichita had been feeling all this time. "I see," said Makato "so Ichita has been feeling lonely because his parents spend more time on the store and younger siblings than him". "I understand how Ichita feels," said Ichigo. She told the boys about how her mother always ignored her and paid more attention to Natsume because of her talents for the piano. "So Ichita feels like he is being ignored because I left for St Marie Academy," said Sennosuke "I feel terrible now". Just then Ichigo got an idea. "Andou-Kun do you remember the cake that you first made when you were younger?" she asked. "Yes I do," said Sennosuke "I was Ichita's age when I made it". "Then you should make that cake for Ichita," said Ichigo "if you do that, then Ichita will understand your feelings about being a patissier". Sennosuke and the others thought that it was a great idea.

Together, Ichigo, Sennosuke, Satsuki, and Makato got to work on making the cake. The cake they were making was a swiss cake roll, but it was a matcha (green tea) swiss roll with an Anko filling. Ichigo presented the red bean paste, Ichita made earlier, to Sennosuke. "I'm sure this will make Ichita-Kun understand more," she said. Sennosuke agreed and he placed the bean paste in the middle, wrapped up the cake roll, and then the cake was done. Once the cake was down, Ichigo and the boys got the table and plates ready. Vanilla made a recipe card of the matcha swiss roll cake and sent it to the queen. "I know Ichigo didn't make it," she said, "but it's good to show it to the queen".

Ichigo brought Ichita to the dining area, where everyone else was. Sennosuke presented the cake to everyone. "I made this for you to eat Ichita" said Sennosuke. Ichigo explained to Ichita that the cake will tell him what Sennosuke's feelings are. Ichita felt reluctant to try the cake, but since everyone else was trying it he tried the cake at once. "This cake tastes of green tea and red bean paste," said Ichita. Ichita and the rest of the Andou family liked the cake very much. Sennosuke explained to the family of his dream of owning a shop, with Japanese and western sweets, near their shop. "I'm sorry that I made you worry Ichita, but I will always be making Japanese sweets as a patissier". Ichita ran into his brother's arms at once and apologized for acting selfishly. Ichigo was happy to know that Ichita now understood Sennosuke's feelings.

That night, it was time for Ichigo and the sweets prince to go back to St Marie Academy. Sennosuke's family thanked them for all their help and said goodbye to them. Before they did leave, Ichita went up to Ichigo. "Thank you Onee-san," he said, blushingly, "I have now thought of a new dream. I now wish to continue running my family's shop when my father and grandfather can't do it anymore". "Good for you Ichita-Kun" said Ichigo. Then Ichigo and the sweets princes went home. "Thank you for helping me reconcile with my brother Amano-san," said Sennosuke. "My pleasure Andou-Kun," said Ichigo. Ichigo felt that her friendship with Sennosuke Andou was now getting strong.

(Ichigo's outfit for the day outside of classes is above.)

The end.
1662 words hope you like it.