Chapter 13 Happy sweets dream

It was the New Year's break. All the students were going home for New Year's Day, except Ichigo. The fact is when Vanilla and the other spirits came back to the school after Christmas, Ichigo asked Vanilla if there was a chance that she could visit the kingdom of the sweets. Vanilla wasn't sure if it was allowed for a human to visit the kingdom of the sweets, so she contacted the queen for permission. The good news was that the queen accepted Vanilla's permission to bring Ichigo to the kingdom of the sweets, as long as she didn't cause trouble. So Ichigo and Vanilla agreed to go to the kingdom of the sweets together. Ichigo had told her family and the sweets princes that she was spending the New Year with a friend, but she didn't tell them the truth because they wouldn't have had believed her about visiting the kingdom of the sweets if she told them.

That day Ichigo and Vanilla got ready to go to the kingdom of the sweets. Ichigo had made strawberry shortcake for the queen to thank her for letting her come to the kingdom of the sweets; it would have been rude to not take a thank you present. Vanilla opened up the oven. "We can get to the kingdom of the sweets from here" she said. Vanilla had explained that there were lots of entrances to the kingdom of the sweets from St Marie Academy, and the oven was one of them. Ichigo found it confusing, but with magic anything is possible. Vanilla used her magical spoon to shrink Ichigo to Vanilla's size. "Cute," said Ichigo, looking at herself "I look like a fairy-tale character". "Oh one more thing" said Vanilla. She gave Ichigo a pin with a royal seal on it. "What's this?" asked Ichigo. "That's an important pin the queen gave me," said Vanilla "if a sweets spirit finds out you are a human, you have to show that to them. It proves that we got permission from the queen that you were allowed to visit the queen, so don't lose that". Ichigo understood and promised not to lose it. Then with one more swing of the magical spoon Vanilla transported her and Ichigo into the kingdom of the sweets.

Ichigo and Vanilla were on a train to the kingdom of the sweets; the train was connected to all the entrances, so now the train was picking up more passengers. The last passengers turned out to be Chocolat, Caramel and Café. "What are you doing here Amano?" asked Chocolat. Vanilla explained that she had permission from the queen to have Ichigo visit the kingdom. Ichigo showed the pin for proof. "Well I hope you enjoy yourself here Ichigo" said Café. Ichigo found out at once that the kingdom of the sweets was indeed a land of sweets. She saw a chocolate waterfall, a river of candy and cotton candy clouds.

The spirits showed Ichigo the castle, where the queen lived. Café also explained that behind the castle was the academy where the spirits go to learn about making sweets. "It's also there where spirits get permission to go to the human world to find our partners" said Café. "And I take it that's when you guys can become royal patissiers in the kingdom of the sweets, if you work hard, right?" said Ichigo. The sprits nodded happily because they all wanted to be royal patissiers. Just then Chocolat reminded the others of why they came to the kingdom. "I take it the kingdom is doing something to celebrate the New Year right?" asked Ichigo. "That's correct," said Caramel "but we call this celebration the Newer celebration". Ichigo was puzzled with that name. The spirits explained that on New Year's Eve all the spirits in the kingdom get together to make sweets, present them to the queen and then they all eat the sweets together. Ichigo found it all very exciting and asked if she could help out. The spirits agreed.

The first thing to do was to gather all the ingredients they would need for the sweets, so they went to the forest. Ichigo found it a very strange forest; marzipan fruit grew on trees, chocolate bananas grew on trees, coffee came out of a tree and there were vanilla pods in some patches, in the shape of cabbages. 'This place is weird, but I like it' thought Ichigo. Now Ichigo wasn't allowed to help out in making sweets, so her job was to carry the ingredients even though the basket was heavy. She didn't complain though; she had carried heavy bags before.