Chapter 15 Rosewater of memories

In the correct room where all those who passed the test were the sweets, princes were still waiting for Ichigo to join them. "She better have not messed up," said Makato. "Have faith in Amano-san?" said Sennosuke. "Yes remember she studied everything for this," said Satsuki. Just then Ichigo turned up. 'I got it right' she thought, once she saw the boys. There were a lot of other teams who passed and there were also a lot of other teams who failed. "You did it Ichigo-chan," said Satsuki. "Congratulations," said Sennosuke. "Just as expected," said Makato. "I take it you three boys believe and trust in me now?" asked Ichigo. "Of course," said Satsuki and Sennosuke. Makato just nodded.

Suddenly Ichigo was knocked onto the floor by someone. "Hey what did you do that for?!" she shouted. The one who knocked her down was a boy, with brown purple hair, and he looked a year older than Ichigo. "It's childish for a second year like you to be happy over a mere test," said the boy. "Oh yeah," said Ichigo "well it's childish for a third year like you to knock people about, especially those who are younger than you". The boy and Ichigo stared angrily at each other. "Come on Ichigo-chan," said Satsuki "don't bother with him". Ichigo felt like paying the jerk out, but she didn't know-how.

The results of the tests were in. Ten third-year groups, five second-year groups and one first-year group from the middle school section had passed the test; this made sixteen groups. The chairman explained what the first challenge in the cake grand Prix was; it was a pound cake making challenge. All members in each group had to make a pound cake each (so each team would be making four-pound cakes in total). And the theme for the pound cakes had to be family. Karashima-sensei showed a big board, which showed line ups of each round of the competition. There were four rounds to get to the finals. Karashima-sensei also presented of which group would be facing who. This was nerve-wracking especially since you could never tell who you would be challenging, until you do find out. "Each representative of each group, please come up on stage when your group is called" said the Chairman.

Ichigo's group turned out to be called Team Ichigo, which meant Ichigo was the representative of the group. "Sorry for keeping this a secret from you Amano-san," said Sennosuke "but we decided to call our team, Team Ichigo". "Yes because it has a nice impact on it" said Satsuki. Ichigo couldn't believe that she was the representative, especially since this was her first time in the cake grand Prix, but she wasn't complaining about it.

She headed for the stage but then she got nudged on the arm. It was the same boy who knocked her on the arm earlier. The boy's name was Takeshi Ichimatsu and he was the representative of Team Ichimatsu. The other members were a brown-haired girl named Ryou Amikawa, a blond boy named Reimata Shima and a blacked haired boy named Shige Yokoshima. Team Ichimatsu was the opponent for Team Ichigo in the 1st round. "As a little girl is my opponent, this win will be a piece of cake" said Takeshi, rudely. Ichigo was cross. "I doubt that you will win you big baby" she said. "Hey!" said Takeshi. "I would normally shake hands with an opponent," said Ichigo "but I won't shake hands with someone like you". The sweets princes came to her side to back her up. "If you three princes lose, then you shall be called the loser princes" said Takeshi, rudely. Team Ichigo didn't like Team Ichimatsu one bit.

In the cooking room, the spirits congratulated Team Ichigo for making it passed the preliminary test. "You four were great" said Caramel. "Well done" said Café. "I guess miracles do happen with you Amano" said Chocolat. Vanilla got cross. "Ichigo studies and practices harder than you would ever know, so there Chocolat!" she shouted and stuck her tongue out. She and Chocolat were about to fight, but Caramel stopped them.

Satsuki had bought a piece of Team Ichimatsu's pound cakes from the Salon de Marie. This was for research on Team Ichimatsu. "I'm surprised that these are sold in the Salon de Marie," said Ichigo "I mean I thought only sweets made from the high year students are sold in there". "Oh no," said Sennosuke "sweets made from the middle school section can be sold there too, but only if the sweets are acceptable by the high school council". "And Team Ichimatsu's pound cakes were approved by the council" said Makato. Takeshi's cake was Japanese chestnut, Ryou's cake was chocolate, Reimata's was coffee marble and Shige's was nuts. After trying them, Team Ichigo admitted that they were in fact delicious, but this was not a time for praising. "What pound cakes will you four be making?" asked Caramel. "Since this theme is family, I will make a strawberry pound cake because children love that" said Ichigo. Makato decided on doing a bitter chocolate and chestnut cake that was for adults, and Sennosuke decided on a sweet fermented bean green tea cake which was for the elderly. Satsuki wasn't sure about which pound cake to make yet.