Chapter 7 Friendship Birthday Cake

Group B was starting to get ready for taking their birthday cake to Piyo-Piyo Kindergarten. They were feeling pleased with themselves for copying Ichigo's design. Just then Kana and Rumi turned up; they had found out that group B had stolen Ichigo's cake design. "How could you?" stealing Ichigo's design!" shouted Kana "she worked hard on that design for my little sister's sake". "You four are a disgrace!" shouted Rumi "copying someone else's cake design makes you failures as patisseries". Then Rumi and Kana left to see if they could help group A out. Group B just huffed at the words; they didn't care about Ringo, all they cared about was Ichigo feeling embarrassed and losing face at St Marie Academy.

In the kitchen, the sweets princes were listening to Ichigo's idea for a new design for Ringo's birthday cake. Since group B copied their design, they had to use a different design. "What are we going to do Amano?" asked Makato. "We are going to make a cake that any little girl would want," said Ichigo. She took out her sketchbook and showed everyone the design of a house of sweets. Cookies and sweets were on the roof of the gingerbread house and there was a white chocolate cream frosting to go on top of the house. "I thought of this design before I thought of the snow park design. Kindergarteners love the story of Hansel and Gretel and their favorite part is always the candy house. So we are going to do this design for Ringo-chan". The sweet princes liked the design and everyone got to work at once. Sennosuke worked on the cookies and icing, Makato worked on the white chocolate cream frosting, Satsuki worked on some more marzipan designs for the house, and Ichigo worked on the gingerbread.

The sweet spirits were not happy with what group B had done, especially Vanilla. "Those girls are terrible for stealing Ichigo's design," said Vanilla. "I agree they are really unfair," said Café. "It's obvious they did it because they are jealous of Amano-san because she is in our group," said Sennosuke. "It's not really my fault that Henri-sensei decided to place me in group A," said Ichigo "besides I still don't understand why he placed me in your group. Especially since my skills in making sweets aren't the same level as yours". "Your skill maybe not the same," said Satsuki "but you have something more than us three have all together". "Really, what's that?" asked Ichigo. "Heart," replied Sennosuke "we could see from your design that you care about Ringo-chan's feelings more than we do. And you make your sweets with a heart too". Ichigo smiled at their words and continued to work on the cake.

Meanwhile, group B was doing some more mean things. They had a plan of making group A late for kindergarten. They told the bus driver that group A was coming by cab so they left now on the bus. Kana and Rumi saw what just happened. "How dare they!" shouted Rumi. Kana was not going to let them get away with their plan, so she and Rumi decided to hitch hike.

At that time, group A had finished their gingerbread house cake and now it was time for them to go. But when they got outside they realized that the bus was gone. "What are we going to do?" asked Ichigo. "It will be too late to try and get to the Kindergarten by cab," said Sennosuke. But then Kana and Rumi turned up in someone's truck. Earlier Kana had stopped a truck driver and told him that she and her friends needed a ride to Piyo-Piyo Kindergarten. Group A got into the truck at once and the driver started to drive away to Piyo-Piyo Kindergarten. "Thank you for giving us a lift," said Kana. "It's my pleasure," said the driver "besides you seemed so desperate when you asked me for a lift". "We need to go fast," said Rumi "it's almost twelve o clock". So the driver started to drive fast and Ichigo held the cake well to make sure it didn't break.

At Piyo-Piyo Kindergarten, group B was ready to present their birthday cake to Ayu. They found their plan of making group A being late very amusing. As group A had not arrived yet, group B showed their cake to Ayu. Of course, it was the snow park that Ichigo had come up with. Ayu and the other students on her table were delighted with the cake. Ringo and her group were anxious about their cake coming.

At that moment, group A, Kana and Rumi turned up. "Sorry we're late," said Ichigo. Ringo was happy that Ichigo had turned up at last. "You guys sure took your sweet time," said Ikue. "We thought that you were never going to turn up," said Chinatsu. "You better hurry up and show Ringo her cake because everyone is waiting," said Rie. Makato was angry with group B because it was their doing for making them late. The group were fully confident about their plan of embarrassing Ichigo; they, of course, didn't know that group A had redone the cake. Ichigo happily placed Ringo's cake on the table. "Happy birthday Ringo-chan," she said. She lifted the box lid and revealed the gingerbread house cake. The gingerbread house was covered with white chocolate cream on the top, decorated with sweets and cookies. Group A kept the apple trees and the apples with white chocolate, and the students. They also added a witch for the gingerbread house.

Ringo was indeed happy with her cake and the other students liked it as well. Group B couldn't believe that group A had redone the cake. This, of course, meant that their plan of embarrassing Ichigo had back fired. "Now everyone," said Ichigo "help save Ringo from the witch inside the house by dropping apples down the chimney". This was a plan of Ichigo to help Ringo make friends with the help of the cake. The students picked up the marzipan students and dropped the apples from the apple trees down the chimney. Once the witch fell over Ichigo opened up the roof of the gingerbread house and revealed that Ringo was safe. "Okay Ringo-chan, thank everyone for saving you," said Ichigo. Ringo got out of her seat and bravely thanked the students; she didn't feel shy anymore.

Ringo saw that Ayu was sitting by herself and asked to have her cake next to Ayu's cake. Ringo and Ayu started to form a friendship with their marzipan figures of each other. Now Ringo did have new friends and was no longer her shy, quiet self. She was now as happy as could be. The sweets princes and sweet spirits could definitely see that Ichigo's did indeed help Ringo open up to her new classmates. "You see, I told you that everything would be all right," said Vanilla. Café and Caramel knew that Vanilla was right, and even Chocolat admitted that she was wrong for doubting Ichigo's design. The sweet spirits magically transformed the cake into a sweets card and sent it to the queen.

Now it was time to eat the cakes. Group A's cake was an apple cake, with custard, but it had an apple mouse and gelee added. Everyone loved the cake, especially Ringo. She admitted that it was different than the cake her old teacher made, but it was just as delicious. Ichigo could see that everyone was happy with the cake. Kana was grateful to Ichigo for helping her sister smile again with the cake. "Thank you Ichigo-chan," said Kana. Ichigo was happy to have helped out a friend. Ichigo tried group B's cake. It was an apple cake with custard, but the apples had been mixed in the sponge. Ichigo found it delicious.

Group B was now leaving Piyo-Piyo Kindergarten; they had enough of seeing their defeat. Ichigo saw them leave. 'Those girls can make delicious cakes,' she thought 'but they are the bullying type'. Ichigo could see that group B disliked her because she was in group A. 'It's still not my fault for being placed in group A'. She hoped that there weren't any more students who disliked her for being in group A.

Ringo walked up to Ichigo and thanked her for the cake, with a big smile. She had all the marzipan figures of her friends. Ichigo started to form a big smile on her face too. 'This is what I definitely want,' she thought 'I want to make people happy with my sweets'.

On the way back to the academy, Ichigo told the sweets princes and the sweet spirits of how happy she felt. "I find it wonderful what happiness making sweets and watching people eat your sweets can bring," she said. "It's like what I said to you Amano-san," said Sennosuke "it was your heart that made Ringo-chan happy again; because you made it with a kind happy heart". "My grandma would always tell me that making sweets with love and happiness added would make your sweets very delicious and I agree with that," said Ichigo. Ichigo could not wait to make more delicious sweets in the future.

The end.

1541 words hope you like it.