Chapter 26 What happened after that?

The news of Miya Koshiro's scheme to cheat in the challenge against Team Ichigo spread around St Marie Academy like wildfire. The students couldn't stop gossiping about that. "Can you believe that the heiress was trying to cheat?" one student said. "Well she was always a stuck up snobbish brat," another student said. "Yeah and what about Youko Ayukawa?" said another student. "We better keep our cake designs away from her, otherwise she might copy them," said another student. "She's going to get expelled," said another student.

Team Ichigo was talking about the challenge outside. "It's hard to believe you know," said Satsuki "Miya Koshiro is the heiress to the Chateau Seika, a famous sweets company, and yet she intended to cheat". "Of course she would," said Ichigo "remember she was very desperate of making Kashino a member of her team. And spoilt brats like her are like that, doing anything that's bad to get whatever it is they want". "You're right about that," said Sennosuke "and Koshiro-san is more spoilt then you can ever imagine". "Hey Amano," said Makato "it's thanks to you that we beat the heiress". "I agree," said Sennosuke "if it wasn't for you and Vanilla we would have never known about Team Koshiro's cheating scheme". "Yeah, and it was a clever idea to outwit Team Koshiro like that" said Satsuki. "And let Koshiro-san get away with what she did?" said Ichigo "no way". "Uh-uh" agreed with Vanilla. "I wonder what has happened with Team Koshiro and Ayukawa" said Café.

At that moment Mari turned up to tell Team Ichigo about what had happened with Team Koshiro. The chairman had contacted Miya's father and told him what Miya had done. "Did Koshiro-san believe the chairman that his daughter cheated?" asked Sennosuke. "Yes he did," said Mari "the truth is she had actually cheated in cake competitions before. At that time the heiress promised that she wouldn't do it again, but she turned back on her promise". "I doubt a spoilt, selfish brat like Koshiro-sempai would ever keep her promises" said Makato. "What's happened with Koshiro-sempai?" asked Satsuki. "Her father has asked the chairman to put her on suspension from St Marie Academy for a month and she will be working hard labor at Chateau Seika" said Mari. "Do excuse me, but a month isn't enough for someone like her in my opinion" said Ichigo. "That's what I think too," said Mari "to be honest I have always thought of her as an embarrassment ever since she entered this school, especially when she only thinks about using high-quality ingredients for sweets". "I must say," said Ichigo "patisseries like her give us patisseries and patissiers a bad name". "That's what I say" replied Mari. "What's happened with Youko Ayukawa?" asked Makato. "She has been suspended for a week and she's banned from entering the cake grand Prix next year" said Mari. "That couldn't happen to a nicer person if you ask me" said Chocolat.

At that moment Karashima-sensei walked up to them. "The chairman wants to speak with you now Amano" he said. Ichigo followed Karashima-sensei to the chairman's office, and Mari and the sweets princes followed too. The chairman was waiting in the office for Ichigo and all the other teachers were there as well. "The reason I've called you here Amano is that I want to ask you something," said the chairman "I was told by Katou and Koizumi that group B stole your design when you made a cake for Koizumi's little sister, is that true?" "Well I'm sorry to be a tattle-tale," said Ichigo, bravely, "but it is true. The truth is group B has been trying to bully me ever since I came to this school, just because I'm in the same group with the sweets princes". "I see," said the chairman "then we shall deal with Ikue Nakajima, Rie Mihara and Chinatsu Sayama as well". He turned to the sweets princes. "How do you three feel of having Amano in your group?" he asked them. "We are happy with having Ichigo-chan in our group," said Satsuki "she's honest, hardworking and helpful and she cares about the feelings she puts into her sweets". "That's right and she helps us out, especially when we feel down," said Sennosuke "she cheered me and Hanabusa-kun up when we felt down, and she has stood up for Kashino before". "That's right," said Makato "and she is nothing like what Koshiro-sempai was like when we teamed up with her last year. So I am also happy to have Amano in our group and I'm glad that she's in our team". Ichigo was happy to hear that from the boys. "And what about you Amano?" asked the chairman "how do you feel?" "Well I must admit, I have felt out of place ever since I came here," said Ichigo "I mean I'm not as skilled as the sweets princes and yet I was placed in the top group. I felt I should have been placed with group C when I first came here". "But you deserve to be in group A now Amano," said Ameya-sensei "you have made wonderful sweets since you came here, and you're eager to learn new sweets recipes". "Yes and your school studies are very good" said the homeroom teacher. "So Amano, you will be staying in group A," said the chairman, and the other teachers agreed.

Ikue Nakajima, Rie Mihara and Chinatsu Sayama got into trouble because of their bullying to Ichigo, and their punishment was suspension from the St Marie Academy for a week too. When the parents of Ikue Nakajima, Rie Mihara, Chinatsu Sayama and Youko Ayukawa heard about this, they were cross with what their daughters did. They made them apologize to Ichigo at once. "All I have to say to you four is this;" Ichigo said to group B "I find it sad that you four intend to pick on the newcomer, who's placed in a top group on her first day, because of jealousy". Ikue Nakajima, Rie Mihara, Chinatsu Sayama and Youko Ayukawa frowned and then left the school with their parents. Mari told Ichigo that the chairman will be telling Henri-sensei about what had happened, which made Ichigo hate to think what Henri-sensei would say about this.

Ichigo got more than an apology letter from Miya's father; Mr Koshiro sent Ichigo a check of 20,000 yen and he sent her some boxes full of high-quality ingredients. And he sent her some new clothes, shoes, jewelry and other accessories. Ichigo was surprised by this; she understood that Mr. Koshiro was apologizing for what Miya did, but to her this felt a bit much. But she accepted the gifts and sent a thank you letter to Mr. Koshiro.

After that everyone agreed that Ichigo was capable of staying in group A, and no one made a fuss about it.

The end
1166 words hope you like it