𝟭𝟮

chapter 12

"Love," Klaus said, looking at the women he loved in so much pain.

"Nik I'm fine I swear," Caroline said with tears pinching in her eyes.

Biting his own wrist he sped over to her and lifted her body so she was on top of him, her mouth just above his open wrists.

Caroline brought her lips down and placed her smaller fangs in his larger fangs-holes.

Sucking the warm blood up she felt a moan escape her lips at his taste. It was sweet but spicy and it made her whole being feel warm. She knew she only needed a sip but she couldn't stop tasting him.

Finally ripping her fangs away she laid is against his rigid body, she knew he was mad. Furious in fact.

After a beat Klaus spoke, his voice contained rage.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry," Caroline said, her crystal blue eyes filled with tears.

"Love I always worry about you. God, I thought we trusted each other enough that I could count on you bloody telling me when you are dying." He snapped.

"Nik you know I trust you."

"Then why didn't you Bloody tell me?" He yelled wrapping his arms around her tighter, protectively. 

"Because Nik if I told you I'd be admitting that I can't do anything myself! That as much as I hate to admit it I'm still the helpless girl who got taken advantage of time and time again. God, you don't get it Nik! You are the original hybrid! The most powerful being in the entire world and I'm just some useless neurotic control freak. God, I'm a weakness to you Nik." She sobbed, putting her head closer into his chest.

"Caroline you are not a weakness." Pulling her head up to his she made eye contact with him, "it's true I use to think love was a weakness but Caroline it's not true. And you are not a neurotic control freak you are the strongest woman I have ever met in all my thousand years of life. You are beautiful inside and out and you are full of a light that makes everything brighter."

"I love you Nik." Caroline sobbed into his chest.

"I love you. Forever and always."