𝟮𝟭

chapter 21-finale

Klaus and Elijah walked into the Lockwood Manor. Elijah quickly agreeing to go upstairs as Klaus went down.

Elijah walked up the stairs to see a sight he'd never expected, Mikael.

"Father?" Elijah asked, his eyes held hope and anger.

"Dear boy comes here," he said wholeheartedly, pulling him closer and into a hug.

Elijah played along, hugging him back.

"You always were my favorite. Now I need your help to get rid of the runt. The mutt." Holding up the white oak stake he showed it to Elijah, "all you have to do is ramming it through his heart." Mikael spoke with such disgust of the creatures his wife created.

"Of course father." He spoke. Weighing his options he couldn't decide what to do.

He could either do as his father said and agree to kill his godforsaken brother. But that would kill Katerina and Caroline. And as much as he never showed it he loved both. And he truly believed his brother had redemption.

"Of course." He took the stake and turned, before turning back and driving it through the heart. "I'm sorry father."

-

Klaus ran down the stairs as fast as he possibly could.

Quickly snapping Tyler and Damon's neck he walked into the different cells, turning his head at lightning speed to try and find his girl.

"Nik...." a small voice whispered, causing him to look towards the girl he loved.

"Caroline!" He whispered running to her cell and watching her pained face as he ripped out the stakes and threw them to the side.

"Nik... you came." She whispered weakly, tears streaming down her face.

"Of course I did love." He whispered, kissing her gently.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Always and forever." They agreed.

-

Klaus brought Caroline back to New Orleans the next day. There they stayed for days, weeks, months, years.

They stayed with the promise of forever.