13.

I wake up to the sound of smashing glass and screaming.

Why do I have to wake up to this?

Seriously.

I roll like literally roll out of my bed and crawl to my bathroom. I don't know why I rolled and crawled but don't judge me okay?

Good.

I'm in a happy and energetic mood. Totally ignoring the yelling, screaming and smashing down stairs.

I get up and get undressed and yell in my head for Narnia and I hop into the warm shower.

I do my business and hope out.

I get dressed do my hair and makeup and quietly and slowly make my way down stairs.

I hear the front door slam shut assuming that someone has just walked out.

I get to the last step and didn't expect to see my mother laying on the floor crying.

For once in my life I kinda feel bad for her.

No Kat what are you saying?

She abused you and was never there for you when you needed a mother.

I hear her voice waiting for her to yell at me.

"Katrina I'm sorry." I hear my mum say softly.

Wait what did she say?

"I know I've been a shit hell a fucking bad mother towards you. I've abused you and was never there for you. I've been drinking to much and I need to change for the better." she says slowly standing up.

I'm sorry am I hearing this all correctly. What drugs has my mum been taking??

"I'm sorry Kat. I know it's not gonna be easy but I'm going to stop drinking and your father and I had a fight because I stuck up for you. I don't like him at all now. He's a dickhead. Gosh I'm so stupid for even loving him, and thinking what he was doing was the right thing." my mothers voice cracks at the end.

Gosh I feel her pain.

I give her a smile.

"No Katrina don't say your sorry because you have nothing to be sorry for. Im a bad mother. I'm going to change for you and me. Im gonna be that mother that you always wanted." She says and slowly walks towards me.

I'm frozen.

My mum is apologising.

Maybe she's being serious. This isn't some sort of joke is it?

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I have just realised that my mum is hugging me.

My mother is hugging me like normal. No abuse or name calling.

Just a normal hug.

I slowly reach my arms out and hug her back. This is what hugging your mother feels like.

"Okay Kat no crying, your gonna ruin that pretty face of yours. Now run along to school and have a good day and call me if you need me to pick you up. Stay safe." she tells me I swear I heard her say ever so quite 'love you'.

My walk to school was good. Skipping and running and playing my 5 Seconds Of Summer through my headphones really loud is a lot of fun.

I arrive and head to my locker hoping to avoid as many people as possible.

I managed to achieve my mission and head to class.

I sat in my normal spot at the back waiting for class to start.

Luke and all his friends walked in late as usual and like every other school day Luke sits next to me.

"Hey gorgeous."

I smile and continue taking notes off the board.

My classes go by very well and now it's lunch time.

I walk into the cafeteria and see Eve standing at my table waiting for me?

Why?

Oh right the "talk" she wanted to have.

I walked up to her and smiled.

"Hey." she says taking my hand and bringing me outside.

After walking around we arrive at the football ground and sit on the bleachers.

She looks at me all serious.

"So.... I wanted to talk to you." she starts off and I smile and nod slowly.

"The other day when we were walking together I heard you talk." she states.

Oh shit.

She heard me. So that's why she stopped.

A knot twisted in my stomach not wanted this talk to go very long.

In response I gave her a confused look.

"Don't give me that face Kat. I know you said 'oh shit' because there was no one else around that could've said it."

I give her a blank expression.

"Please Babe talk to me. I know you can talk but why don't you?"

Gosh only if she knew.

"Look I understand if you don't wanna talk right now but, please I'm always here for you and, I promise that if you don't want me to tell anyone that you spoke then we will pinky promise on it." Eve says holding out her pinky I wrap my pinky around hers and smile.

"Thanks for trusting me Kat it means a lot. But you did speak didn't you when you fell over?"

I nodded yes

"Okay. See you around Kat loves you." she says giving me a hug and walking to see Tyler.

Wow that talk went better then expected. And maybe I should tell her what's going on.

It might help me.