"The following students are the one's who passed the Hanlim University scholarship examination that was held last month of December, I'd like to congratulate my 5 students who passed the admission test" Our adviser announced holding 5 precious certificates on her hands. I sighed.

This is it. The moment that I've been dreading for in the past 3 months, is now seconds away before me.

My hands are so sweaty right now, I really wanted to be included to the few students who will have a chance to completely change their life.

I needed to pass this, so bad.

"Amanda Lee" She called the first student in front.

"Mark Ronan"

"Shit" I silently cursed to myself. Only 3 students left, I-I think my heart is about to burst.

"Kierra Miles"

I clutched my hands to my chest involuntarily, as I felt the air around me thickened from the tension.

I think, i'm about to pass out at any given moment. I was losing my hope bit by bit already, the students that was mentioned a few seconds ago were all aces in their fields, bluntly, I am partially nothing in comparison to them.

"That's it, I had to get home quick, I can't stand this anymore" I whispered to myself and looking around warily to check if anyone heard me.

As if someone cares lol.

I was already starting to fix my things, organising my stuffs inside my bag when I heard our adviser called out my bestfriend's name.

"Choi Jisu" I looked at her in awe, I am very happy for her. She stood in front of the class to receive her certificate, she looked at me and gave me an eye smile awe she's really pretty, I immediately returned it with a smile and gave her a thumbs up!

"For the last student. Let me call on, Calix Ford"

I felt my heart sunk a little, I don't know, maybe I still had a little hope in me that there would be a miracle of some sort but I guess this isn't really for me, this becoming-an-idol dream of mine seems a little over the top. Even I, myself doubt I'll ever get on that position, ever, in life.

The class applauded as the 5 students stood in front, they all looked like they won the lottery, which they all did, except it wasn't just luck, they were all very much deserving of their spots and I think everyone would agree on that too.

I have accepted it already, I took a deep breath and I tried to plaster my biggest smile as I approach my best friend whom is also fixing her things on her desk.

"Wah Lia, can I please get an autograph?" I tried to muster my puppy eyes that made me cringe as well. We both laugh in unison.

She smacked my shoulder playfully before looking at me.

"Seyoung-ah, I know how you feel okay" Then she gave me a sincere smile, that understanding gesture of her never failed to uplift my mood, even from the scene earlier.

I hugged her softly and she returned it right away, her warmth comforting me, making me forget how bad I felt, how dissapoined I got from not being able to pass the admission test that could be the essential step on pursuing my dreams.

"Cheer up will you? Lemme handle this" she grabbed my hand and walk a bit swiftly, storming out of the classroom.

"Say, are you in the mood for pizza or you wanna go to that newly opened unli wings on the block?" She waited intently for my answer.

I pretended to be thinking so hard about which one should I pick, but an idea popped in my head from nowhere.

"How about we cook ramen at my place and binge watch some movies, sounds good?"

She smiled at me and raised one of her eyebrows "You didn't even had to ask, c'mon let's race, palli!"

She wasn't kidding one bit about racing, this girl ran fast, but no worries I'm faster than her lmao.

I ended up arriving at my dorm which was just 2 blocks away from our High School, when Lia placed her hands on my shoulder, still trying to catch her breath as she held on me for support as I inserted the key to my door, yah, this girl.

We proceeded to enter the kitchen and prepared the ramen that we're both craving for, we're starving already, and we tried to cook as fast as we could.

After roughly about an hour I called her already from the Living room to help me with the bowls of ramen.

"Any movies you have on your list yet? I asked as I started to transfer the noodles on each bowls carefully.

"Uhmm, I was torn between Lady Bird and A Rainy Day in New York though." she stared at me waiting for a response. "What do you think?"

I grabbed us both the chopsticks from the table as I answered. "Sign me the heck up for any Timothée Chalamet movies"

"I knew it, so which one?"

"Let's watch it both instead"

She grinned as we both started digging in, on our much awaited ramen. And as we had expected it is just as delicious as the first time eating it.

Lia and I watched the two movies admiring how gorgeous of a man Timothée Chalamet is and his acting as well. We tried not to cry because we had this rule that whoever cried or at least cried first would be in charge of washing the dishes. But since both of the movies aren't as emotional and none of us cried, we decided to just determine the dishwasher based on the last one to finish our bowls of ramen.

I was so hungry that it's not anymore questionable as to how I finished mine first, leaving her still eating and later on washing the dishes.

We couldn't stop laughing at how messy the both of us are eating.

The afternoon pass quick enough before I realised the time and bid my goodbye to Lia that had to go home already.

"Text me when you get home, be safe okay?"

"You sound like a mom gosh Seyoung, my house is just a street away." She laughed before patting my shoulders telling that she's about to leave.

"Jisu-ah, thank you for keeping me company today, wash my dishes again soon!" I laughed and was about to close the door but she held it.

"You know I kinda hate being your friend right?"

"C'mon Lia, you don't, just go home be careful, bye!"

"Bye, cook me some ramen again sometime okay?" And with that, I finally closed the door hearing her footsteps as she started to went on her way.

I was now left alone at my place with absolutely nothing to do, well not a lot.