VIII

The days drag along fast and now that I came to realized it, it's been a week since the school year here in Hanlim began.

And today is Monday, which is my least favorite day.

I stared at the clock just waiting for our last period before lunch to be finally over.

Although I am currently majoring in dancing, I still couldn't escape Math and up to this day I'm still struggling with anything that requires computations.

A little idea popped into my head, I've been wanting to introduce Yeji personally to Lia because we've been talking it out everytime we get back to our dorm of how we wanted to meet each other's newly found friends, just like how Lia always mentions Chaeryeong.

So maybe this is a perfect timing, I think.

"Yeji, want to eat with me later, if it is okay?" I kept my voice on a quiet tone so that the teacher won't notice us.

"Sure, why not?" She smiled widely.

"Do you mind sitting with some of my friends?" I bit my lips anticipating her answer, I don't wanna make her feel awkward so I won't push her if she didn't want to.

"Not at all, besides if they are as cute as you I wouldn't mind that at all" She chuckled silently and well, i'm not really that pretty, I'm just an average looking student but Lia, she's definitely more than just cute. I wonder if they'll get along.

"There's our table," I pointed at the one beside the drinking fountain, you might ask us why but, Lia and I are water lovers.

It was kind of uncomfortable how most of the students stared at us as we walked, maybe they were just admiring how attractive Yeji is, as long as no one's harmed, it's okay.

"Yah you started eating again without me!" I playfully scolded Lia as Yeji laughed along with me as she sat beside me facing Lia.

Lia looked up and she probably saw Yeji already but I decided to give them both a proper introduction.

"Lia this is Yeji, and Yeji this is my friend since birth, Lia." I introduced them to one another but there's a weird look in Lia's eyes, I mean i've known her eversinnce the day we're born and I swear I know that look. She seems like an open book for me to easily read her.

Yeji gave her a smile and saw her offering some food to Lia. This girl too, why do I feel like I'm somehow third wheeling?

I came to notice Chaeryeong's absence on the table so I decided to ask Lia.

"Uhm, where's Chaeryeong?" And I was right, they were having their own little world to themselves now, my instincts have always been accurate, well. They were too busy talking to even pay me even a short attention.

I looked over the place from my seat and saw some of my former Canadian classmates adapting to their new school, most of them were taking the same strand as Lia so I haven't had any news about them except when Lia talks about them somehow.

From afar I saw Chaeryeong talking to the same girl from my class who still apparently wears face mask, almost every time I see her, but I was reminded that after she went to school on the first day she never showed up in class again until today, I wonder what's the matter.

Not that I really cared, but I was just wondering about her wasting her tuition by not attending classes.

I was busy rummaging with my thoughts when Chaeryeong snapped her finger in front of my face successfuly bringing me back to reality.