XII

Is it just me or waking up early in the morning is starting to be my new norm, a little change won't hurt I guess.

I sneakily went inside the bathroom after I grabbed my towel, letting the cold water trickle down my body, I thoroughly cleaned my body a little more this day. Doing extra effort by putting on hair mask so that my middle length hair will be extra shiny and lively as it should be.

As I was taking my time brushing my teeth, my phone lit up. Looks like someone doesn't have to do anything but disrupt my routine this early.

I lazily swiped my screen to unlock it, looking for the new message.

From: unknown number

Hey Seyoung, are you free after lunch for a group study? I got your number from Lia, tell her I said hi btw.

-Yeddeong

I take it back.

God why are you making things more complicated that it already is. Now instead of lying I had to make a lie after another. This is not what I wanted, I hated lying myself and now i'm gonna betray my own principles?

I turned my phone off and let out a sigh out of frustration and just continued brushing my teeth.

Sure it was nice of them to invite me but why now? I really appreciate it don't get me wrong but because of that, I might get into a lil trouble.

I quickly went out of the bathroom almost slipping on my way out. I wore my usual jeans and just wore a navy blue sweatshirt with maroon lining on it.

Since I'm not that good at make up, lip tint saved the day for amateurs like me.

Dashing right away to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for myself and my sleeping friend. This is my way of making up to her for all the lies i'm gonna have to tell her later,

forgive me for I have sinned.

I finished cooking and started eating alone, I was quick to finish my food and the only thing I have to do now is to wake her up and muster a convincing reason and face for added factor.

I slowly walked to her bed, as I am yet to shake her shoulder, she rose from her bed and sat straight struggling to open her eyes.

"Do I smell toasts and egg with coffee?" She sniffed the air and getting everything correctly, just wow.

"Yes, yes and yes, now get up and eat before it gets cold." She went to the bathroom brushing her teeth in a swift manner, I waited for her on the kitchen to say a proper good bye.

"Looks like someone is having a date this early" I almost spat out the water from the glass i'm drinking from. She really had no idea.

"Not a date, but i'm not sure what time I'll be back though." I swirled the remaining water on my glass to ease my tension.

"Well, tell Yeji I said hi then." I feel like I need to pee right now.

"What?" I tried to regain my composure before I open my mouth again. "I mean, how'd you know?"

"She texted me last night about the group study later, I didn't know you're too excited to come this early tho." Ohh, should I just go with the flow she's trying to go, I mean would it be safer?

"Yea, besides I could really use the time to focus on math anyways" I didn't mean to chuckle nervously but it just escaped my mouth.

Shit.