IV

It is almost time to go home, I'm just waiting for the bell to ring and I'll be leaving as fast as I can.

"Psst!" I looked around finding the source of the noise, for all I know it wasn't addressed for me but still I feel the need to do so.

"Yah Seyoung!" I know that voice, Lia whisper-shouted as she mumbled something.

"What?" I replied to her furrowing my eyebrows.

Let's go home together she mouthed to me and I nodded to her, as if the universe heard my prayers the bell suddenly rang. Thanks to my boredom my things are already fixed and I'm so ready to go home and rest.

"Where do you think you're going?" I smiled sheepishly at her and casually placed my arms over her shoulders, I can because we have the same height.

"Don't get so grumpy there girl, want me to cook later?" I'm so good at this lol.

"You know I can't say no to that Cel" she placed her arms in my waist lightly as we walked to my dorm.

So that's the last day where something interesting happened, the rest were just the same 'ol days where I would constantly hang out with Lia, the only unusual thing is that I come home to visit my mom and sister a lot more often since I am bound to leave them soon.

The six following students who had the scholarship in Hanlim will have a free trip to Korea which is 2 weeks after the end of classes which seems too overwhelming if I'm being honest though.

It is now already 3 days before our flight and my friend Lia decided to drag me along with her as she went shopping to the nearest mall.

"Seyoungie which one looks better?" She asked me holding two thick jackets.

"Hmm." I am biased to black but I think the nude-colored one would suit her better. "The one on the left suits you better."

"I thought you'll be picking black like you always do." She pretended to look a bit shocked as she make her way to the counter to pay for the clothes.

"What can I say, I'm evolving I think." I laughed at my own statement as I realized how weird I sounded at that.

"You're just hungry, c'mon let's eat!" I was dragged again to somewhere with  food obviously.

While eating we started sharing things that we're gonna miss here in Canada, we practically lived here ever since we peed on the bed and pooped on our diapers so there's a lot that we're gonna leave here. But on the brighter side there's unlimited opportunities waiting for us in Korea, plus we get to focus on what we want to do.

Lia and I are almost opposite as she plans to take Practical Music, whereas me, I have wanted taking Practical Dance for so long and now it's days away.

We headed home after that bit of a bonding and went packing our clothes  for the trip, I didn't plan on bringing everything, just the essentials and I'll see what I can when I'm already there.

The Day of the Flight

Today is definitely the day. No more turning back now, I felt like i'm really starting a new chapter of my life that could be the best for all I know, I am so excited and nervous at the same time I can't eve–

"Are you okay honey, do you want paracetamol or something?" My mom gave me a concerned look as she inspected my face to check if I am alright.

"I'm okay mom, I'm just– I'll miss you and Jinsoo." I stared at the floor fighting back my tears as I get a little emotional as my little sister tugged on my jacket.

"Mommy when is she gonna come back?" My sister looked at my mom with anticipating eyes.

"She'll come back soon sweetie." My mom carried my sister in her arms as she continued clapping her hands. I saw someone waving at a distance.

Just the way she waves her hand at me is so Lia.

She ran to me and intertwined her arms to mine. As she smiled happily seeing both my mom and Jinsoo, she was about to pinch the kid when,

"No pinching, also she's already sleepy, give my angel a break." I spoke nonchalantly at her and her hand immediately withdraw from getting in contact with my sisters puffy cheeks, awe she looks so peaceful sleeping.

"Hi mom!" She said to my mom casually and momentarily unclasping her arms from me as she kissed my mom on the cheeks. In the corner of my eye I haven't noticed until now that Lia's family were also here.

"Yah, why didn't you tell me you brought the whole pack?"She just gave me her 'well' look as I approached her parents to greet them and waved at his older brother.

Mr. Will guided us, six students to the lobby and organized our itinerary making it more convenient and less-stressful as it should. We hugged our loved one's and bid our goodbyes before finally leaving them in the lobby since they're not allowed to enter beyond that.

T'was quite emotional, yes, but I looked at them one last time and I was reminded why I want to be successful so bad. They are my inspiration to do only my best this time. I promise to make it worth it, mom, Jinsoo. I stopped on my track which aren't so far just yet to walk towards my mom.

"I love you mom, i'll be fine, don't worry about me so much, look after Jinsoo for me, bye!" She gave me a warm smile before I sprinted back to Lia's side as I waved at them, one last time.

"Did you bring your medicine for dizziness?" I asked her as she puts her hand carried stuffs into the compartment above our seats.

"Why, are you feeling dizzy already?"

"No, the last thing I want is you puking on me." A sudden memory of her being susceptible to moving vehicles came into my mind.

"I see what you did there Jisu" She pretended not to hear anything as she plugged her earphones into her ears. I did the same thing too, good thing I sat beside the window, I guess this is a better seat though, or not.

It's gonna be a long trip for all we know as the pilot announced the details of the flight, which includes the time of arrival and the weather in South Korea when we get there.

My eyelids are getting droopy, they're gonna give up soon and sent me to dreamland, well now, it's gonna be literally a dreamland when we wake up and arrive to the place where our lives are bound to change, Adios Canada.

:))