XIII

One of the things I hate about myself is that i'm an almost hopeless case when it comes to confidence.

The whole room went silent as I was about to start singing, the song I choose was from Day 6, besides the fact that they've never produced any bad song during their whole discography, I think they have one of the best vocalists in kpop that you can't tell which one is the main vocal.

I selected "Letting go", because personally I thought that song is nice on acapella since it focuses more on vocals and it's an emotional song.

I slightly hope to give the song justice and be able to make them percieve what I feel through my singing.

Humming the few notes before I start is what I used to go for, I swayed my body to the rhythm on my head. The further I got into the song, the more I fight the urge to let my tears fall which is a little out of rhe plan.

This song reminded me so much of someone, singing it made it kinda worse.

I wanted to be mad, but it's not like I'll still be seeing that person again, when they left there's no turning back. The damage was all done.

I was nearing the chorus when I found my eyes trailing on a girl crouching on the floor beside the familiar man, which I realised to be the same man who gave me the card that night.

She's sitting there clutching her hand towel.

I noticed that her eyes were closed tight.

But her features seemed relaxed, in a split second her eyebrows creased.

As if she's deep in thought.

The moment when I finally sang the chorus, I let it all loose. I let every single emotion I have at the moment crash onto me, without a care if I sang it perfectly, what matters to me are my feelings that I wish  to convey whenever I sing.

As I was about to finish the song, I noticed how I did not prioritize impressing the people with my singing. The whole time, all I did was express myself through it.

I shook my head low after singing the last part, bringing the song to its end.

I hear nothing, an eerie silence coated the whole studio. The once noisy, busy people stood still. I gently raised my head to ease my anxiousness from the sudden reaction.

I fight the urge to let my threatening tears fall after they all clapped in unison, I saw the man sitting on the left side of the table staring blankly at me.

He looked like he's trying to muster something but no words seemed to be said. I began lowering my head yet again, for some reason I felt shy after singing in front of many people.

I patiently anticipated his comment as soon as he began standing up from his seat. He appeared to look more collected as he began sharing his thoughts.

"Technical-wise, I believe your voice still needs to be trained but the way you soulfully sang a difficult song as this should take years to learn. Needless to say you are born with the gift of expressing. Everyone in the room sure would agree on that, right May?"

The female judge seemed to have snapped out of her trance as she began to look for the right words to say.

"Certainly. I am not a vocal critique myself, my specialty is dancing but so far i've never heard someone this young sing with so much emotion radiating to it, I am deeply impressed Ms. Park." She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much" I bowed a lot, almost to every word they say, I am so honored and flattered to receive such compliments.

I am aware that I have so much room to grow and with that being said, I won't waste this once in a life opportunity.