55 and counting

Chapter three. Sophie's POV. 614 words

They all looked at Elwin, shocked. Keefe had been in a coma, or whatever the elves called it, for a week because of all the shadows that were forced into his body.

"You're just letting me out like that?" Keefe queried

"Oh no," Elwin said, and they could all hear Ro laughing from the hallway. "I'll let you out once you have at least forty-five medicines," Elwin smiled and added, "If you want to go to a place that has things that could mess with your senses like pollen or animal hair, I have an extra ten,"

Keefe mumbled something about barely worth it as Elwin went to get the first round. Every five tonics, Keefe had a Prattle from the box Elwin brought out and a sip of youth. By the time he finished guzzling all fifty-five, he looked a little green. He pinned the pegasus pin he got in the box of prattles onto his tunic.

"So, where do you guys want to go? Maybe Atlantis?" They all looked at each other for a second before Dex spoke up.

"Keefe... everyone has kind of heard about your coma. We haven't told your dad you woke up yet. You don't have to deal with him till you're ready to see him, but if you go to a major city, he will find out. Keefe seemed to ponder this before saying,

"What if we headed to the human world? No one would know about it, and you guys wouldn't have to deal with all the team valiant crap." Everyone was stunned into silence. The logic seemed sound, but entering the human world wasn't an easy feat for your average elf.

"Keefe," Sophie started. "I'm already going to be in a lot of trouble with Sandor for sneaking off, and I'm sure Ro has some reason to be angry with you." Keefe rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure they're fine with it. There obviously eavesdropping on us, and I haven't heard any complaints, so I think we are good." Seeing the strange look Sophie was giving him, Keefe raised his voice and shouted," Your fine with us heading into the human world, right?" Seconds later, the reply came from Ro,

"Of course, lord hunky hair. I'd do anything to avoid your dad and get away from all the glitter and sparkles of the elven world." Sophie rolled her eyes at the title Keefe gave himself. "What about Elwin."

"I would be fine with Keefe going into the human world as long as he takes a few more elixirs and jumps right here if he feels unwell."

After 12 more elixirs and another scan from the lights, Elwin declared Keefe ready for the human world. Sophie called Bronte to tell him their plan, and he thought it was a good idea as long as they didn't mention it to the other counselors. Apparently, the public was calming down a bit about what happened with king, no x-king Enki. The other councilors might not be comfortable with them venturing into the human realm, but he felt as if Keefe was spotted by elves, it could cause another ruckus. They talked it over and agreed that they should go to Hollywood so that they would fit in better with their capes and tunics.

All of the bodyguards that had arrived with their charges sauntered into the room, and everyone jumped back to Havenfield to pick up Sophie's. Sophie and Bronte had agreed that it would be better for them to teleport to the human world because they wanted to go quickly(Elwin had given them a half hour considering their destination) and did not want to waste time getting a pathfinder or getting the approval for one.

Edit 1: March 1st 2023