When Cupid Falls - Zerkjzl/Minizerk

I like Minizerk, allow it.
Zerkjzl to Minizerk.

The blond boy gripped the weapon in his pale hands. He drew an arrow from his quiver, his breathing grew heavier as he cocked his bow. He glanced down the arrow before releasing it.

The arrow shot through the air before lodging itself into the coal coloured hair of his best friend.

The god hovered gracefully, his snowy white wings causing a slight breeze.

His name was Cupid, the god of Love. But he preferred Simon. Well, that's what he was known as on earth.

His outfit depended on if he was in his human form or not. His god form was also different. His eyes changed from a sapphire blue to a ruby red. He also sprouted angelic wings and had unimaginable power with a bow and arrow. But the boy preferred his mortal form. Although he loved both his mother Venus and father Mars, he preferred his 'normal' life on earth.

Strands of his blond hair blew in the wind as he drew a second arrow. He then shot the heart tipped arrow at the dark boy to his left.

He slung his bow over his shoulder. He slowly lowered from the clouds, he smiled as his boots hit the ground with a soft thud.

Josh, his best friend was in love with his other friend, Tobi.

Simon decided to give the other boy a nudge in the right direction. He didn't force them to fall in love, he just increased the youngest feelings.

If Tobi had romantic feelings for the other they would be heightened slightly. Just enough so that both would have genuine feelings.

Simon couldn't stand to see his best mate this miserable. So he decided to set them up.

So then it began.

...

At first it was a flourishing relationship, it wasn't much different. Just more affectionate. Both Josh and Tobi shared gentle kisses and hugs.

But after a while the blond grew skeptical of the relationship. As much as he wanted his friends to be happy he couldn't feel like he was missing something. He grew jealous of the shorter. But he ignored.

But then it was over.

Tobi was struggling with life. He didn't want to drag Josh down with him, so he cut him off. Left him in the dirt, with little reason.

Simon was angry at the shorter for shattering the boy's heart. Josh had been through the wars. Tobi broke it off to stop Josh from hurting. But it only hurt him more.

Simon patched Josh up. Got him back on his feet with care. Giving him the affection and words that he needed.

Josh was better. And that made Simon glad. But he was missing one thing.

He still loved Tobi.

Simon craved the ravenette's affection. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it and he didn't want to disrupt their peace and happiness.

So he sat in silence. Overtime his heart was slowly fracturing. Slowly being ripped in two. He didn't mean to fall. Cupid wasn't meant to fall in love. But it happened.

He was in agony. He was curled up alone in a oversized hoodie. It hurt so much. His fragile form shook with sobs. He never knew what love felt like but that he now found out, he didn't want it. He just wanted to give up on the boy of his dreams and keep him happy.

His feelings weren't as important as the other's. He would put his life on the line for the other in an instant.

His heart ached as he began to feel numb. His mind clouded with self doubt. No matter how hard he tried Josh would never love him.

He was stuck loving his best friend.
Stuck unloved, loving.

Cupid was never meant to fall.

Yeah.
It's quite angsty but this story is a vent.
So sorry I haven't been updating much, Love has made me feel even worse.