Serum

The cinnamon skinned boy darted through the forest. His petite stature made it easier to weave through the trees stalking over him as night grew near. Twigs snapped every so often to alert him that he was not alone. Vik knew he wasn't alone, there were six other boys along with him, all unique to themselves. But they all went through the same. The same as everyone on this cruel Earth. From the day you turned 14 you were injected. Whether it be with a serum or just a chunk of metal, no one knows.

Microchips. Turning the living to robots. Who would have thought in 2065 the world would be taken over by a cold shard of metal? They slowly took over the world, the government controlling every move. Infecting every human to come in contact, rules embedded in their heads. A single wrong move was torture. Push them a step further and consider yourself dead to the world, an injection of toxins infecting your bloodstream. Whether you survived was the least of their concern. It was a lesson. A dangerous lesson.

These seven were special. Injected with this chip they grew different from the rest, they had gifts. Gifts of accident, hidden from the government. How was this possible? That was the question on their minds. But they had come to a conclusion. The government had plans. Plans to genetically modify their people, make them superior over simple mankind. These syringes filled with power were misplaced, and injected to these seven boys. Instead of turning them to cold, android like people, it turned them to super beings. Although they like to call them super powers, they were just simple enhancements. Enhancements that had wired their brains differently.

Vik was stuck with enhanced intelligence, which he thought was rather useless. The tall blond beside him gave a smirk. Simon, the sapphire eyed boy had the ability to replicate any skill he had witnessed. Tobi, the dark skinned boy to his left had night-vision. The other four boys ran along beside them. JJ, a bandana wrapped around his mess of hair, he had heightened senses. Harry, curiosity flooded his baby blue eyes as he zipped across the terrain with super speed. Josh, his Eidetic memory making up for his abnormally large head as his emerald eyes scanned the area. And finally Ethan, a muscular gingery-brown haired boy with super strength.

They heard a yell from Harry as he appeared in front of the group abruptly stopping their crusade. Calves burning from the distance traveled.
"We-we're here-" he pants. "And we ar-aren't alone." With their newfound information they knew they wouldn't be safe for much longer. Standing metres away from the facility. The facility which controls the world. These labs were used for testing. Not just any testing, human testing. The experiments going down in the lab terrified them but if they didn't make a stand it would get worse. As days went by, more and more people started to disappear. They knew what they needed to do. A suicide mission. But a prevention. A prevention of torture on others. These boys shouldn't care about people who don't care about them. But they do.

As population dropped the less and less in sight you can get about this place. The population on the cusp of 3000 living beings. The only people left on earth populated the city where London used to stand. The wastelands of what used to be civilisation. Wars caused havoc across those plains. They grabbed weapons. Old weapons decades old, the only they could get their hands on. And there the rejects of nature stood, in line formation.

"3." Ethan whispers, his hazel eyes filled with determination.
"2." JJ grins.
"1."
"Go!" They scream.
The earth shakes as the facility cascades in smoke the noise shocking most of them.
"Bombs." Harry grins airily.
"Do you know how dangerous that is Harry?!" Josh scolds. "That wi-"
"Shut up dad and run." The blond giggles, grabbing the others hand and sprinting into the labyrinth.

They venture through the dimly halls using their skills to their advantage. They turned a corner to see white coats, they darted back, only for Harry to rush past. With a few shouts and clutter Tobi stuck his head around the corner to find the other standing there, two bodies at his feet. A loud siren blared, alarming them as the speakers yelled something incoherent.
"Shit." Simon mumbled, his lanky figure shaking slightly. "We need to finish this. Now!" They stuck together. Harry works as bait and Ethan the tank, taking out the guards.
Tobi glances in the crack of the door. "It's packed. We can't just use the door."
Vik quickly mumbled a plan under his breath as they quickly split up. Josh, Simon and Harry ventured through the vents whilst the other four waited for a signal to attack. Palms sweating, breathing jagged tasting a bitter metallic liquid on their tongues. Simon was leading, crawling through the vent system, his eyes widened as the metal crumbled against his weight. He fell through with a yelp landing on a rough surface, the white coat's eyes were narrowed on him. The other two jump in behind him as the other four burst into the chamber, weapons raised as they began their attack.

An ear shattering scream ran out across the room a thump following.
"Simon!" Josh screams, anger flaming in his eyes. He flew into an angered state, his eyes
darkening, his stare growing cold as he rushed at the remaining employees. The others following in suit. Once they were alone, they rushed over to the wounded boy. Crimson blood spilling from his thigh. His skin turning unhealthily pale, as he whimpers. The blood in his veins grew cold and fading to an unpleasant orange.The boys panicked as his skin began to bruise and the whimpering grew weak.
"Se-" Simon stutters. "Ser- Serum." His sapphire eyes melted to a cold grey as his eyes fluttered close and his body grew limp.

Its been a while bois.
Did ya like the long one?
Thanks for 2k reads, love you all.
I know this isn't great but this is an english assignment, as is "You're Next" but I feel this is worse.
Thanks for the support. :)