Let loose

Let loose

I have been planning to surprise Jayden for his 19th birthday. I know that he hates surprises but, I wanted to recreate our 'We align' poem. I had been planning to turn it into a song. I'd call it 'We align 3.0'

Ugh, I couldn't think of anything.

I'll just figure something out later, I wanted to talk with Mony.

I called her on facetime. She answered on the first ring. This girl had a stuffed face.

"Diamond why you always eating?" I asked exhausted.

"Madison why you always judging?" She said in the same tone, taking another bite out of her burger. For someone who adores food, she's not big. Well, I guess she dances those calories out of her.

"How's a lover boy?" Mony questioned.

"One. Never say that again. Two. Jayden and I will never be a thing. Three. Do not try to convince me, I would never allow it."

I began searching in my fridge to get some inspiration for brunch.

"Stop locking up your feelings, Stop acting like y'all innocent. I know what y'all talk about." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I grabbed a glass of water and laughed at her, "and what might that be?"

"Aden don't think for a second that I haven't cracked your code. Plus you're still signed-in Instagram on my phone."

I know she does not know that code. She was bluffing, but hold on...

"You went through my DMS?"

"No I just happened to read the notifications and I clicked on one by accident. I know his wordplay and I assumed what you would say."

"Wordplay?"

"Like, right now... challenge excepted smirky face... then there's a bunch of your code... after that one of you quits...most of the time it's you Madison and y'all start bashing the other about certain things..."

Mony vaguely mimicked Jayden and me.

I choked on the water I was drinking.

"We do not do that." I barely managed to get out. What she said was totally out of context.

"Maybe y'all should. Like, let loose a bit." She suggested.

"No way."

"So Madison if he comes here and kisses you, cause we all know it's going to happen. Are you just going to push him away."

"It will not happen. We are best friends. Best friends do not kiss each other, and you know-" she cut me off.

"Yes I know you won't allow it, but Madison say that again to all the other hundred times you guys have kissed as best friends."

"Mony." I glared at her. She knows that all of those situations have their own explanations.

"Oh my gosh, Madison will you just have fun. Forget about what you're feeling and go with the flow. I just want you to stop worrying. Just let loose. You never know? If you really don't want him chase the bag sis."

There's the Diamond I know. She's always about the money.

"I am not using Jayden for his money, we have already talked about this... numerous times."

"When you are poor and alone don't come begging me and Ray-Ray for cash."

I laughed at her.

"Mony I'm gonna start making food so imma end the call before you decide to break down my front door."

"Hey, that's not fair. I paid for takeout last week."

"Bye Diamond." I waved her goodbye.

"Bye Madison." She pouted.

I ended the call.

What was I going to do with her? I can't believe we have only known each other for less than a year. We always used to see each other but never talked to each other. She's a rare one. She always knows how to make someone laugh. But she also has that tough and supportive side. Once she makes her mind there is no turning back.

I just wished that she would give up on Jay and I. I guess you can say they are both on the same page when it comes to this relationship.

As I made brunch I contemplated what Mony said about letting loose. I soon brushed it off and got back to Jay's surprise.

I realize that he would be happy but upset about my surprise. Happy that I made it into a song. But sad that he wasn't a part of the song making process. So I had a plan. I'm going to have Jay help me without knowing he is helping.

Never knew working with Jayden could be so stressful. He is a control freak. I was planning on making the song on my ukulele.

Jayden doesn't even play the ukulele and he claims I was playing it all wrong. It took hours but I finally got a little snippet of a tune we both liked.

Eight beats...I could work with these eight beats.

I ran to my closet and took the We Align poem out of my 3-D Earth book. I was hoping that I could play around with the words for lyrics.

'We align, like the stars in the sky'

'We shine bright like the brightest star up high'

'We soar and together we fly'

'because when we're together no one will ever question why?'

I decided to keep the first line exactly the way it was.

I didn't want it to sound like a third grader wrote the lyrics, so I didn't like the second line. I did like the 'we shine' part.

Then I got a great idea. The chorus of the song could be a bunch of 'We...' lines.

Kinda like...

'We align like the stars in the sky'

'We shine....like Sirius gleaming bright'

Sirius is the brightest star. It was also Jayden's favourite star.

I didn't have a favourite star. But I did have a favourite constellation.

Draco

I didn't know what to say. So I did my research. Draco was a protector of Hera. Draco gave up his life and Hera put stars in the sky for him.

"What about we have the heart like Hera's Draco stars," I whispered to myself.

Then my phone went off and I forgot what I said.

Thank the heavens that I always recorded the process for every song I write.

I had my chorus.

We align like the stars in the sky.

We shine like Sirius gleaming bright.

We have the heart like Hera's Draco stars.

We align like the stars in the sky.

I loved this. It's time to make my first verse.

 It's time to make my first verse

Thoughts?!?!