Panic

Panic

I've been back to work for a couple of days. And I'm proud to say that majority of my clients have made huge improvements without me.

I won't see these kids forever. They come and go like the kids from Korra. Although my clients do stick around a bit longer.

I have a pretty great life. There are moments that may not seem like the best. But I am never given anything that I couldn't handle. I embrace my past and present. I'm just waiting for the future.

I am in my office filing paperwork, my session with West went very well today. He had an understanding with his parents and they are willing to help and make changes.

I personally feel like my service will soon not be needed. When children have issues with their parents I usually council them until their parents pull them and go to family therapy.

After I finish my work, I walk down the stairs. And someone slams my front door.

I get over there and see Jayden. He's not supposed to be home for another two and a half hours.

"Jayden?" I don't know if he hears me or not.

He kicks off his shoes and places them nicely to the side... with anger.

He grabs his tie and loosens it forcefully.

What is he so upset about?

Jayden walks past me and I block his path. I don't know what's wrong but I wrap my arms around him. I have my ear pressed against his chest and I can hear his erratic heartbeat slow.

"Jayden what happened?" I pull away from him.

"Baker sent me home because I corrected him. He was about to give a patient the wrong dosage before his surgery." Jayden pulls on his face.

He continues to speak, "then he says that he knows what he's doing. But he doesn't! If he gives that man the wrong dosage he will wake up feeling every cut, nip and tie on his exposed body." He is now hitting his face.

"Jayden stop doing that." He doesn't listen to me and now he's pacing. Jayden hates pacing... it triggers him.

"He called me stupid and worthless. I will never become what he is! I said I won't be who he is because I'll care for my patients. And he called security on me and told me to get my act together." He's turning red.

"He's an idiot! He doesn't know how to treat people! It's so stupid. It's stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

It's been a really long time since I've seen a reaction out of him from this degree. I pray I can fix this before he pushes his limits.

First things first I grab his hands, he's inflicting pain onto himself to distract him from what's really going on.

This stops his pacing which was triggering his OCD. He finally sees me. Although his eyes haven't calmed down. His breathing his all over the place. His eyes are not focused they are jittering.

But I'm not moving... nothing behind me is moving either...

"Jay?"

He takes a step back and wobbles.

No.

Not now.

I've only witnessed this twice and I panicked both of those times.

I grab my car keys. And lead this confused man to my car. He's not wearing shoes and I know he's really upset about it. As we walk his weight on me gets heavier, meaning he's losing consciousness.