Rise of a Ranger

Sofia Oliver is your typical 18-year-old girl. I mean if you consider training to be a ninja at the Blizzard Ninja Academy, plus being the daughter of a power ranger legend, typical. This was the case for Sofia Oliver, the adoptive 18-year-old daughter of Tommy Oliver, who was top of her class at the Blizzard Ninja Academy This girl is tall (not too tall), standing at 5'7, enjoys biking in her free time, and is the proud owner of beautiful blue eyes and light blonde hair that stretched to her waist, sadly she prefers to wear it in a ponytail, she has an athletic build, and she has an unusual liking for anything white.

But one day, as Sofia was training at the Ninja academy in her ninja uniform (think of the Thunder brothers' uniforms except with white highlights instead of crimson and navy ) when  Sensei Suka called upon her. Once Sofia arrived at the Temple of the Blizzard Ninja where her Sensei was meditating and without turning around she began to speak to Sofia, " Do you sense that Ms. Oliver?" she asked. "Sense what exactly Sensei?" Sofia asked. The next word that came out of the sensei's lips scared Sofia, " Lothor," whispered Sensei Suka.

Just then the sky turned a dark purple and in front of the temple appeared a slightly overweight man in all black with a horned mask " That's Lothor," thought Sofia (she remembered reading about Lothor in the ancient scrolls from the Wind Ninja Academy), on his right stood a ninja-like being clad in red and black armor with scroll-like swords sticking out of his wide shoulders, "Probably the right-hand man or should I say-alien," thought Sofia. There was also a green-faced monster with a white pack attached to his back. Two girls appeared to be arguing off to the side. The slightly taller of the two had long, pink hair tied back into a high ponytail and was wearing a purple spandex one-piece suit with a sword strapped to her waist and on her feet were high heeled, black ankle boots. The other one wore a red leather top, a long, brown skirt, and her brown hair was tied back into two giant piles on the very top of her head and she had a head-piece that looked like giant... bug eyes? There were also about 50 faceless, red and black minions surrounding the school.

But what caught Sofia's eye was two figures standing further off to the side as if they wanted nothing to do with this. They both appeared to be ... power rangers? One was clad in crimson with a single gold antler sprouting from his helmet. He appeared to be the older of the two. The younger of the two was clad in navy blue with dual gold antlers sprouting from his helmet. They both had a red and black staff strapped to their backs. They looked to be insect-themed. Sofia asked herself," Why are they joined with the forces of evil and more importantly... who are they?" She didn't get the chance to answer her question because the aliens began to attack the students.

20 minutes later

Sofia could only watch in horror as the students were captured in white orbs and shot up into space. She was busy fighting the rogue rangers as they joined the attack and went after her. Crimson finally spoke up in a deep, almost robotic voice as he said, " You're strong! For a little girl," he cackled evilly. White-hot fury flowed through her. " You did not just call me a little girl! You are so dead bug boy!" she screamed. (Note: Bug Boy will be a recurring nickname throughout this story just so you know) Sofia tapped into her animal spirit as a white aura surrounded her. She thrust out her glowing hand and a white, almost ghostly, leopard appeared. It yowled in rage and charged forward knocking down everything that happened to be in its path, including the Bug Boys. Pleased with its work, the leopard returned to its master (Note: Sofia is the leopard master and will at some points be referred to as Master Spot). Sofia glanced down at the groaning male rangers and threatened that " Next time you call me a name, Bug Boy, you will suffer a fate much worse than this!" She pointed at the Crimson and Navy rangers.

A hand touched her shoulder and she tensed for a brief moment before turning around and coming face-to-face with the kind, but worried, green eyes of Sensei Suka. Sensei spoke, " Sofia, in this box lies your Morpher." She opened the box that had the school's emblem emblazoned on it (the six-pointed snowflake-like on the cover.) In it laid a wrist morpher that resembled a fancy watch with a small disk with the same snowflake pictured on it in black. Sensei spoke again, " Use this morpher to morph into the white blizzard ranger. You will have incredible power. You only need to speak the phrase ' Blizzard Storm, Ranger Form' and you will be transformed into the White Ranger. Now take it and go to Blue Bay Harbor, California where you will find the three Wind Rangers." (Note: The Blizzard Ninja Academy is located in Anchorage, Alaska.) Sofia took the morpher out of the box and attached it to her left wrist. She had more questions, but she didn't get the chance to ask because Sensei Suka was captured in a white orb and floated off into space. Where she was out of sight and out of reach.

"NOOOOO," she screamed. "You'll pay for this! If it is the last thing I ever do," she yelled at Lothor who appeared in front of her at that moment. She felt the air around her get colder and her eyes began to glow an icy blue color. She heard a roaring sound off in her ears as she began to get a migraine, like a major brain freeze. When the roaring stopped, Sofia opened her eyes and saw that all of the aliens except Lothor and the Bug Boys had been frozen solid.

A sly smirk crawled its way onto Lothor's face. He spoke, " That was an impressive move, young lady! I could use your powers on my ranger team! Think about it! You can help us get revenge on the Wind Rangers' sensei for killing your parents and the Thunder Rangers' parents!" Sofia spoke up and said, " NO WAY! If you think I would kill an innocent man for something he didn't do, let alone join the side of evil, you're nuts! I don't know if it's that mask cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain, but my answer is NO!" All of a sudden a familiar, but unwelcome voice spoke up and said, " But we could use your pretty face on our team! You could make our duo into a trio and help us get revenge on that little rodent (Note: the Thunder Rangers already know that Sensei Watanabe is a guinea pig and the Blizzard Ninja Academy is the last of the ninja schools to get captured.)," cackled the Crimson Ranger, although his voice sounded almost sincere. Sofia rolled her eyes and spat, " Did you hear me, Helmet Head, I already said no!" Lothor shot back, " So be it! Someday you will join us! You hear me! You will join us! Mark my words!" Sofia spat, " No! Mark my words! Someday I will get revenge for what you did today! If I were you, I would sleep with one eye open!" With that, Lothor disappeared, taking the alien ice sculptures with him. Sofia turned around and saw that the Bug Boys were gone too. " Good riddance," Sofia whispered to herself.

Sofia walked alone through the ruins of the school. All of a sudden, her migraine returned stronger than before. Her vision blurred and she began falling to the ground. Sofia felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist and catch her as she fell. Sofia opened her eyes, but with her blurry vision she was only able to make out a crimson suit with gold trim before she passed out completely.

A/N: This is my first chapter of my first ever fanfiction! Did Hunter return or was Sofia imagining things? Let me know in the comments how you think I did and ideas for future chapters! LOVE YOU ALL! Also I got the idea for Sensei Suka from the Spirit Animal book series where Suka is the name of a polar bear, so I thought it would be fitting considering young Sofia controls ice and snow (even though her spirit animal is a snow leopard.)