🛡Knight, Sword, and Shield🛡

(Sooo this chapter is fuckin long. I hope ya'll don't mind. It's about double the length of my normal chapters. Hope ya'll enjoy. I guess trigger warning for some sexual assault. So tread lightly.)

*Alastor*

I woke up to Angel missing from my bed. Causing me to panic, get dressed and run downstairs.

¨Angel!?¨ I heard no response and began panicking. ¨No it couldn't have been a dream! He was right the-¨ I felt two hands hold my face. I looked up to see Angel lovingly smiling at me. He kissed me gently causing all panic and worry to leave my body. He smiled and ran his fingers through my hair.

¨Calm down Bambi. I got you. I'm right here. Always by your side.¨ I felt my deer tail wagging a bit as Angel pet me and hugged me close to himself. I felt safer and calmer.

¨Just was in an art therapy session with Charlie, ok?¨ I nodded and smiled. He held my hand and we left the hotel. People kept starring at us, and we just smiled at one another. Nothing could ruin this.

¨Al I gotta work after breakfast. Is that ok? I kinda have Stolas blowing up my phone." I smiled and nodded.

¨As long as I spend my morning with you.¨ Angel chuckled as we rounded the corner to a small cafe. We sat and ordered some food.

¨Al uh... the guy who took me. I handled him sweetie, but like... he didn't do anything to bad to me babe. I just had a couple flashbacks down there.¨ That scared me.

¨What!? How did you get out of them!?¨ He smiled and held my face in his hands.

¨Everytime I was scared... I'd snap out of it, and think of you. You were waiting for me, I couldn't give up or just stay there. I missed you dearly, and part of me knew you missed me too.¨ He took my hand and kissed it gently. I couldn't help, but blush bright red. This side of Angel was... completely new to me. He was... extremely passionate. Not once had he called me ¨hot stuff¨ which was definitely new. I felt... truly loved as he held my hand. A waiter came over, with our order. Just simple eggs and bacon for us. I enjoyed them as we both dug in. We finished rather quickly and waited on our bill from the waiter. Angel got up to use the restroom, and told me he'd be paying. I tried to protest, but those damned eyes and smile killed me. I sat and waited until the waiter came and put the bill on our table.

¨Thank you." I said shortly. I turned back to waiting for Angel, when the waiter left. A young female from another booth came over and smiled.

¨Hiya sugar! Do you need someone to pay for you?¨ I was confused and simply shook my head no. She sat next to me and placed a hand uncomfortably on my thigh.

¨Aw c'mon~ I help you, you help me~¨ I wanted to shove her away, but I didn't want to cause a scene.

¨Ma'am I'm not interested. I'm with someone.¨ She giggled.

¨That skank? He ain't worth a dime, let alone a cutie like you!¨ I growled angrily and felt myself unhinging, until I saw a bullet get shot in the girls shoulder. It caused her to emit a blood curdling scream as she held her shoulder. Angel walked over with a pistol in hand and shoved her away from me.

¨Hey Bambi. Let's get you home.¨ He smiled to me genuinely, and I just nodded with a smile. Once we left, Angel squeezed my hand tightly. He looked to me.

¨I love you a lot Al... just remember that. Please, my job is just my job... I hope... you don't hate me for that, but I'll qui-¨ I shook my head and smiled.

¨Angel, right now it is your only means of income. On top of that, you enjoy yourself. Plus, to a degree I enjoy your works.¨ Angel blushed and smiled. I chuckled. We were a perfect match together.