5

A few hours later, once Remus was confident that everyone was asleep in the house, he carefully snuck down the flights of stairs to the kitchen to think by himself. He took a seat at the long table, only to be startled back to reality by Mrs. Weasley clearing her throat in the doorway. "Ah, I...couldn't sleep." Remus muttered, hoping that his half-lie would work. However, Remus's hopes were thrown out the window by a soft and knowing smile from Mrs. Weasley.

"Tea?" Remus rested his forehead against the table. "Something stronger would be-" Mrs. Weasley swatted the back of his head. "...tea is good." Remus muttered. Molly flicked her wand and the stove lit. "Now, care to ease your mind a bit by telling me what's up? You clearly haven't slept a wink all night."

Remus hesitantly glanced around the room, causing Molly to chuckle softly. "No one else is awake, so you're fine." Remus glanced back at Mrs. Weasley before sighing. "Okay, okay, fine." Mrs. Weasley glanced at the steaming tea kettle, then flicked her wand yet again to turn off the stove and pour a cup of steaming tea for Remus, who accepted it gratefully.

"Now. I assume this is about Sirius, yes?" Remus glanced away, then nodded slowly. "Sort of, I suppose," Molly looked at Remus pointedly. "This just...it feels like a betrayal to Dora, these feelings I have for Sirius. I thought I had gotten over them when I started seeing Dora, but," Remus paused. "Apparently I didn't."

"You don't stop loving someone when you start loving someone else," Molly said softly, exiting the room. Remus sighed yet again. How true that is. Remus remained there for a while more, finishing the cup of tea rather quickly. Eventually the need for sleep overtook his senses, and Remus took that as his cue to return to his bed.