Prince Roman is a very proud and vain man. He cares more about his image than he does the actual people of his so-called kingdom. He's the youngest Light Side ever created yet rules everything as if it were a 'perfect' kingdom. Patton is a very overbearing man, strict about his rule and moral code. Don't ever do anything he feels 'immoral' around him. A man will never snap as fast as him. He made the choice to give his position as leader, since he's the oldest, to a damn child. Logan... Logan's a fucking robot. He doesn't care about anything and anyone. And if you annoy him... he won't hesitate to make you feel small and insignificant. None of them care about anything except moral and intelligent perfection. If you don't fit... they will cast you aside or worse.

"Virgil, are you listening to me?" The young dark side jumped at the sudden sound of his guardian's voice. Dee frowned as he slowly let his cup rest on the table. "You weren't, were you?"

"I just don't understand the point in telling me all this. It isn't true."

"Virgil..."

"No." Dee's eyes darkened as Virgil rolled his eyes. "Dee, I understand as the oldest your just trying to take care of us all but..."

"Roman literally cast away his own brother for his immoral and insane personality.  His literal brother was sent to the dark side because he didn't fit Roman's idea of perfection." Virgil grumbled as he turned away from the other. "Virgil, I know you want to believe in them, but I want you to be safe. As our youngest, much like Patton to Roman, I want to make sure nothing happens to you. You're the one I chose to take over everything."

"And you call him stupid."

"Virgil!" Virgil flinched as Dee sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry. I can see where that might be hypocritical. After all, you are correct. I give Morality grief over choosing a child to take the reigns when I chose you to do the same and are the same age as Roman. The difference in our choices, Virgil... I'm not stepping down right now. Patton never took charge. Roman was always groomed to be in charge... while being in charge. I don't want that for you."

"You still chose me to take over when you do step down, Dee. And on top of that, you're drilling these rumors into my head over how horrible these light sides are... I'm going to have to work with them." Dee hissed, his snake eye glowing slightly as Virgil curled away. "Dee..."

"You are not to leave the dark side, Virgil. We aren't allowed over there. Everything I say is for your protection. You don't need to ever see them... to be the Darks Leader." 

"Except I'm not the leader... ROMAN IS!" Dee flinched as Virgil slammed his hands down on the table. "Roman is in charge of the mindspace. Everything in it is in his kingdom. We have no right to claim superiority over him. If he were to tell either of us to back down, we would have to listen. He is our king, for lack of a better way of saying it."

"He's a prince."

"You know what I meant." Dee frowned as he nodded softly while Virgil slowly sat back down. "I just can't understand why people would say such things about them."

"What do you mean?"

"Roman is their leader. His job is to protect everyone and care for them all. Patton is a literal father figure. He's supposed to be the sweetest and Logan... Logan was modeled to be a teacher, wasn't he? Surely he isn't that closed off. Patton can't possibly be as cruel as people are saying and Roman..."

"Roman is literally Thomas's Pride, Virgil." Virgil deflated as Dee shook his head in disappointment. "And the more you refuse to see how unsympathetic they all actually are... the more likely you're going to end up at the tip of Roman's sword."

"Roman is a prince. He wouldn't kill me over nothing." Dee just rolled his eyes as Virgil pushed himself up with a growl. "I'm sorry. I just can't accept that. They're supposed to be the good sides."

"Everything in extremes can be very bad for anyone. It doesn't matter what trait it is... it can still hurt you." Virgil paused as he reached out for his leather jacket of the hook. "Just please be careful?"

"I'm anxiety. I'm always careful." Virgil smirked as he pulled his jacket on over his hoodie and shot the other a two-finger salute before walking out the door. 

It wasn't the best place to live. Not even Virgil could deny that. The Dark Side of the mindspace or.... as Roman calls it his kingdom... is very decrepit. Many houses are run down. There are buildings held together by bolts and shrapnel. Not so nice, emo, and or scared individuals filled every place you could think of. The only real smiles came from the kids you would see running down the street. It was a hard place to live. Dee ran it as best as he could, but everyone knew it was getting hard for him. Of course, other than Remus who was Dee's partner and only means of police like position, there really wasn't any real order here. This was the 'bad' side of town so to speak. Virgil just wanted to make things a bit better for everyone. 

Which was why he found himself standing there staring at that one stupid roadblock sign. That warned any who entered where exactly they were going. You wouldn't think a road block that was no different then a damn wet floor sign just wider would keep people away. It's not the block that does it. It's the rumors. They're too afraid to even try to go past it. Even the hard asses that give everyone problems. Even the criminals that try to start shit... no one ever passes it.

No one except Virgil that is. Virgil huffed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and took that step in. He was determined to make a change for his people. As well as prove once and for all that rumors were just that... rumors.

"Into the unknown..." Virgil laughed as he popped his hood up over his head from under his jacket. "... adventure here I come."