❤︎

Chapter 2:"The Ballpen"

Chapter 2:
"The Ballpen"

❤︎

1926
"SO LILY, HOW HAVE you been?" Jonah asked while sitting down on their usual lunch table. "i've been great joe, what about you?" Lilia replied. "it's been good, just school work's been stressful." "do you need help with anything? i'd be happy to help." lily asked.

Lilia Jade Martins. the red-headed girl who always was happy to help others. a straight a student. she was extremely smart. when she grew up, she wanted to be someone that could help other people, and not for her own benefit. like a, psychologist. she always was ready to listen to other people's problems, so that job would be perfect for her. she wasn't popular, but the girls that were popular always wanted her to be in their group. but lily, being the goody goody girl she is, declined their offer. she always stayed with her best friend.

Jonah Ray Schnapp. the class clown. the guy that was never serious. like lilia, he was always happy to help other people, but there wasn't a lot of things he could help other people with. you see, no one really thought of jonah to be a helpful person. but he only made people laugh because he wants to entertain other people. when he grows up, he wants to become an actor. Jonah was popular. but he didn't hangout with the other popular kids. instead, he hung out with lilia, the only person in this world that understood him.

"yes please. i just don't get how to do the math in ding dong's class." jonah answered. lily chuckled, "first of all, her name is ms. wong. second of all, it's actually really easy-"
"easy for you to say, you have straight a's. i only have an a in gym class." jonah rolled his eyes. "you didn't let me finish. first, you take this number and divide that by pie, which is 3.141592653598. That's how you get the answer." said lily. (sorry if that's wrong! i SUCK at math) "ohh now i get it. i just can't help but sleep in her class. she should put people to sleep instead of being a teacher." said jonah. "i know joe. but we have to pass this class or we won't pass sophomore year." said lily,

"if you want, i can listen in her class and then teach you the lesson in lunch." "that offer is tempting, but i don't want you to go through that much stress. besides, with everything that's happening in your house-" jonah interrupted himself. "it's fine, i don't mind." "okay then. whatever you say."

lily and jonah took out their lunch. "you can have my lucky pen if you want" said lilia. "what? no! that's yours. we could just go to the store after school and get me one." joe replied, "plus, i know how much that pen means to you." "thank goodness. i did not want to give you my pen." said lily. "then why'd you offer it?" joe questioned. "because i'm a good, loving friend." lily replied.

"y'know, i've been thinking of dying my hair blonde." lily said out of nowhere. "that would be a huge step." joe replied. "what? you don't think it would be cool?" lily said, a little offended. "no, it would look cool. but you would look so... different" said jonah. lily playfully glared at him. "a good different!" joe chuckled. "fine, after school, we can go to the store and buy my new lucky pen and your hair dye." said jonah.

"promise?"

"promise."

~~

"FINALLY, SCHOOL IS VERY annoying." joe exclaimed. "not to mention, boring" lily added. "woah woah woah," jonah said while stopping the both of them from walking, "did the lilia jade martins just say, school is boring?" joe asked playfully. "hey, i can be a rebel sometimes." "mhm, yeah right. name one time you were a rebel."

lilia kept walking, trying to think of a moment. "oh, last night, i didn't do mr. clark's homework until ten" lilia said proudly "wow so cool," joes said sarcastically, "how long did it take you to finish your homework?" "twenty minutes" lily replied. "and why did you wait until ten to do your homework?" jonah interrogated. "because i was studying all day" lily mumbled. "i'm sorry i didn't get that"

"you suck schnapp, you know that right?" "that's my job honey"

❤︎

THE AUTHOR
new chapter! lilia and jonah, or lily and jonah, are best friends by the way. hope you guys like this chapter!! also, i REALLY appreciate you guys being so supportive of this book. it honestly means the world to me. also, there will be some it and stranger things references in my books. :)
ANYWAYS, thank you so so so much for reading this chapter! please voteee! (only if you wanna obviously)