❤︎ 2

chapter 5:"you're not losing me"

chapter 5:
"you're not losing me"

❤︎

recap...

"i'm sorry, may i know who is speaking?"

"this is heather halloway from st judes hospital and i'm here to tell you that your mother unfortunately passed on."

"o-ok thank you f-for informing me."

end of recap...

LILIA PLACED THE PHONE BACK on the wall and turned around. it was like her legs couldn't carry her anymore. she suddenly found herself crouched on the kitchen floor, leaning against the counter. her legs were pressed firmly onto her chest as she sobbed into them.

jonah occupied himself by walking around the house, admiring all of the family pictures. he heard the phone going back into its place in the kitchen. he walked back, "hey what happ-" jonah interrupted himself as he saw lilia all folded up in a ball. he ran towards lilia and hugged her, as tight as he could.

as much as jonah wanted to know what had happened, he knew that he needed to comfort lilia before he found out. jonah hated seeing lilia cry or in pain. he couldn't even bare it when she was having cramps on her period, let alone crying from a single phone call.

they hugged for about 5 minutes, enjoying eachothers company. "ok lets get you to the couch." said jonah while he helped lilia get up and walk to the couch. "do you want to tell me what happened?" lilia nodded. "m-my mom just d-died." lilia let out a loud sob and went in for another hug. of course jonah didn't stop her. "do you wanna go to the hospital?" jonah asked. "mhm" lilia hummed into his neck causing vibrations send shivers down his spine. "do you need me to come with you?" jonah asked "yes please."

the pair walked to the hospital as it wasn't too far away from their neighborhood. the arrived and lilia spoke to the front desk "um i would like to see talia martins?" "oh yes dear! she's still in her room." lilia nodded. "why didn't she say 'oh my condolences' or 'i'm sorry for your loss'? she is so disrespectful." jonah whispered. lilia brushed it off.

as they were getting closer and closer to the room, lilia found herself getting more and more nervous to see her mom. but atleast her mother wouldn't be in pain anymore.

they finally reached the door and opened it. but what was weird was that they still heard the beeping sound of the monitor. lilia looked at jonah confused as he returned the same look. "mom?" lilia whispered. "hi honey" said talia in her raspy voice. "mom!" lilia yelled, diving into a hug. "careful dear." talia chuckled.