19 years

"Happy birthday honey" My eyes shut open by the loud congratulation. What day is it? Where am I? Who am I? After some time I realized it was my birthday... normally I would be happy on my birthday, but today is another story... it's my 19th birthday which means my name will be putted in the big bowel. I have some time to be 19 before the chosen one will be drawn. I looked at my mom with a smile, but she looked sad at the same time. I could relate.
"Good morning hon" she came closer and sat on the edge of my bed. I sat up besides her and rubbed my eyes. She patted my back and placed a little gift in front of me. "Thanks mom" I said and gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

I opened it and my eyes went wide. I looked at my mom with tears in her eyes. I placed the gift besides me and hugged my mom. "You found it? Thank you so much mom" I could feel my eyes got watery as well. I looked at the gift. It's a little Teddy bear from my childhood. My dad gave it to me, but then it disappeared. My dad is dead so that's why it means so much to me. He was the best dad you could dream of. I didn't care if I got other gifts this meant so much to me. She let lose of the hug. "Come down when your ready I have a surprise for you" she gave me a little smile and went out.

I sighed and looked one last time at the little bear before placing it on my table. One more sigh left my mouth and I went to chose some cloth. I wasn't really in the mood for party cloth. I mean it can be my last year. You know the mood isn't really good. After I was done I made my way downstairs. Mom said there was surprise. Probably just a cake or something like that.

My eyes went wide when I saw him. My best friend Hoseok... I didn't- why is he here? Uff my mom is the best. I got watery eyes again and ran to Hoseok and hugged him tight. Of course he hugged me back. "Hobi I've missed you!" I said in the hug. "I've missed you too bee" I broke the hug and glared at him. He know I don't like the name bee... "my name is Eunbi" he laughed a little and wiped my tear away from my cheek. I didn't realize that tear. I looked at him and he smiled.

This is bigger than anything else. I haven't seen hobi in ages! With ages I mean a year. He moved to Busan. "Hobi why are you here?" I looked at him then my mom and him again. "I am 19 as well you pabo" I froze for a second... he's 19... he turned 19 today! "Omg Hobi I forgot! I'm so sorry happy birthday" I hugged him again. He chuckled and hugged me back. I hugged him like there was no tomorrow.

"I am here for the same reason as you" he cubbed my cheeks. It took my a while before realizing. My shoulders sank down when I realized that he could be the chosen one... "you don't leave me! We won't leave each other okay?" I raised my pinky to make sure we had a promise. He chuckled again and intertwined his pinky in mine. "Promise" he said. I smiled and nodded. I messed his hair and walked over to my mom to thank her. "Thank you so much for this" I gave her a quick hug and went to Hobi again. My mom is the best! I might behave like a 5 year old but I don't care.

I remembered something. I looked down at myself and realized I had just some cozy cloth on... "oh god I don't dressed right for this" I was about to run upstairs but someone grabbed my wrist and turned me around. "It's perfect bee" I scoffed and raised my arms in peace. It was not perfect. It's just Hobi who's perfect. I love him... as a friend of course. "Your the best Hobi" I took his and and walked towards the table full of food.

In my family we normally celebrate birthdays with much of food and happy mood. No matter what will the house not be filled with any wrath or anything. I liked that 'rule' if I can call it that. "I know" he laughed and sat besides me. My mom was in front of me. "Hobi aren't you busy? Why are you here this early? Weren't you supposed to come to Seoul in 2 weeks?" I looked at him and tilted my head. He seemed to think a bit before answering. "I wanted to see my bestie before you know..." my eyes grew big when I realized. "So you're going to stay here for 2 weeks??!" I waited impatient for his answer. I really hope that's so. "Yes ma'am" he laughed. I stood up and raised my arms in the air. I wasn't expecting my birthday like this.

I looked at my mom and Hobi and realized they stared at my like I was a little child. I rubbed the back of my neck and sat down while chuckling. "Sorry im just happy that you'll stay here for whole 2 weeks!" He chuckled and started to eat and so did I. While eating we just talked about random stuff. Slowly we started to be done with eating. We took our plates and placed them in the kitchen. "Eunbi and Hoseok you two can do something else I'll take this" "thanks mom" I patted her shoulder and signaled Hobi to come with me.

We walked to my room. I got in and sat on the bed and waited for Hobi. He was slow, or maybe was I too fast? I practically ran up the stairs. After some time Hobi entered my room and sat beside me. I stood up and got my bear mom gave me. "My mom gave me this, this morning" he smiled and I sat beside him again. "Your dad gave it to you when you were little. It's a great gift" I looked at him and smiled. I placed the bear on my nightstand and threw myself back on the bed. So did Hobi. There was silence, but it wasn't awkward silence. I looked at the ceiling and thought of random stuff. "What happens if any of us two will be picked?" I looked at him and frowned my eyebrows. "That won't happen" I said and sat up. "It was not like it would happen but what if it does" he sat up too. I looked at him. I shrugged my shoulders and said: "I don't know?" I looked straight.