Chapter 25: She's Dating the Casanova (The Resolution)

CONTENT AND TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains content that might be troubling to some readers, including, but not limited to, depictions of and references to death, self-harm and suicide, graphic violence, sexual assault, strong language and more.

Please be mindful of these sensitive themes and other possible triggers. Remember to practice self-care before, during and after reading.

 Remember to practice self-care before, during and after reading

LORELEI

KINABUKASAN, NAGKITA-KITA ulit kaming apat sa clubroom para pag-usapan ang susunod naming galaw. The seed had been planted, and we only had to wait for it to grow. But Jamie brought us a suprising news.

"Really?" bulalas ko. "He invited you to his apartment?!"

She nodded as a triumphant smile curved across her lips. That was quick. Napahawak siya sa kaniyang noo. "Thanks to a certain someone. Things developed rather quickly than expected."

Should I feel guilty for throwing a ball at her face? No.

"Were you the one who asked access to his apartment?" tanong ni Loki. "Or did he volunteer it to you?"

"We were discussing about basketball leagues. 'Tapos nabanggit niya sa 'kin na meron siyang collection sa apartment," kuwento ni Jamie. "He asked me if I wanna see it. I said yes! That's part of the plan, isn't it?"

"But don't you find it strange na kaagad ka niyang in-invite sa apartment niya?" May pagdududa sa tono ni Alistair. "You only talked for less than an hour in the clinic. It sounds suspicious to me."

Yesterday, nang dinala si Jamie sa clinic, tinanong ko si Adonis kung puwedeng siya muna ang magbantay kay Jamie. With only the two of them in the same room, that guy would lower his guard and be more vulnerable to our colleague's charm. Ewan kung anong technique ang ginamit ni Jamie, but it seemed to work.

"Don't worry!" Nagpakita ng double thumbs up sa amin si Jamie. "Everything's going according to Loki's plan!"

"He may use that chance to take advantage of you." Loki grabbed his bag and rummaged through its contents. "And that's where we come in. Here."

Ipinakita niya sa amin ang isang maliit na kahon na aakalaing naglalaman ng wedding ring. Kung lumuhod siya habang ibinibigay 'yon kay Jamie, magmumukhang nag-propose siya ng kasal sa dalaga.

"Open it," utos niya.

"Oh, my dear Loki . . . isn't it too early?" Jamie's cheeks turned as red as tomatoes as she shied away from our club president's face. "To do it in front of Lorelei and Alistair . . ."

There was not any changes in Loki's facial expression. It remained as blank as a clean sheet of paper.

Kinuha ni Jamie ang kahon at binuksan 'yon. Her wide smile later turned into a frown. Kung anuman ang laman n'on, inilabas niya para ipakita sa amin.