[Chapter 4]

CIA Academy of Espionage

May 11

1430 Hours (2:30 PM)

Erica POV

Because I was going on a secret mission, I started training more. I spent half an hour more in the gym each day and one hour more in the gun range every day. Unfortunately, I started training so much, that I didn't get enough sleep. I got an A- in Self Preservation 104 today, the teacher was looking at me like I was a ghost. When they asked me what was wrong, I just said I was sick because I didn't get enough sleep. At least that was the half-truth. I didn't get enough sleep, but I wasn't sick. I had decided beforehand I would have to leave at a time where everybody would be inside. Even though I could easily sneak away undetected when everyone's outside, when you have a suitcase it's not so easy. I got to my room at 2:45 PM and grabbed my suitcase from under my bed. I scanned the room for a note from Ben, but I couldn't find anything. I decided to go over my supplies in my suitcase one last time, and when I opened it, I found a letter and a gun. The letter said:

Dear Ms. Erica Hale,

DESTROY AFTER READING

Leave immediately after finishing reading this note. At exactly 3:00 PM, the power for the electric fence around Spy School will be cut off for 5 minutes. As I'm sure you know, the top of the electric fence creates an electric barrier in thin air. If you try to hop over the fence when the power is on, you get electrocuted. Hop over the fence with your suitcase at that time. Then, call for a taxi. When the taxi comes, hop inside and give the driver the code "Excelsior" The driver's name is Mr. ********, a retired agent of the FBI. He will make sure you get to the airport safely. Mr. ******** will give you a plane ticket to ****** (you will find out where you're going by reading the ticket) with your alias being Sasha Rotko. Be careful. I don't know if there are going to be Spyder agents on the plane. Keep your guard up. I will send someone to pick you up. You will know it's them when you see them.

PS: The gun beside this note is a present from me. I invented it. It's a gun that sends an undetectable plasma wave which will make anyone unconscious for about 20 minutes. It is undetectable by security and when you squeeze the grip 3 times it will turn into a bracelet.

From,

You know who

As soon as I finished reading the note, I took out a lighter and burned the note. It crumpled and withered and the air was filled with the smell of ash and soot. I zipped up my suitcase and headed out to the fence. As I snuck from tree to tree, I silently thanked Professor Crandall for all his lessons on how to be like a ninja. I jumped from tree to tree, until I finally reached the fence. I took a glance at my watch. 3:02 PM. I chucked my suitcase into the air, did a double backflip to fall off the tree onto the other side of the fence that even Ashley Sparks would be proud of. I was going to call a taxi, but then a taxi with black and yellow stripes pulled up in front of me.

"Need a ride?" the driver asked in a gruff voice.

I got in, locked the door, and then said, "Excelsior."

Immediately the driver's personality changed. Instead of hunching over, he sat up straight, and he took off his fake beard and mustache.

"Agent Hale, good to meet you," he said.

"Good to meet you too," I replied.

"Here is your plane ticket, do not say any information on the card, there may be listening devices around, Sasha," he said, handing me my plane ticket, which was for Flight 382 headed to London on Very Much Royally British Airways. Then, he stepped on the pedal and we drove away, riding 30 miles above the speed limit.

TIMESKIP TO AIRPORT

As we pulled up to the airport curb, I hopped out, dragged my suitcase along with me, and entered the airport. On missions, I would normally ride Business Class, but as I didn't want to draw attention to myself, I rode Economy Class this time. There was a surprisingly long line for Very Much Royally British Airways, but then a man in a suit came up to me and offered me to come in the First Class line because my flight was leaving soon.

That's weird, I thought to myself. My flight leaves in 3 hours. I had a hunch this guy knew I was from the CIA.

"It's a pleasure to meet someone of your flier level," he said, not looking at me.

"Yeah, when you're part of the CIA, you fly around a lot," I responded, hoping to catch him off guard. He just winked at me. After I got checked in, I walked through the airport. I stopped at a cafe in the airport for some coffee, but then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted some people eyeing me. I'll have to be careful, I thought to myself. I quickly left the cafe, but I noticed the people who were eyeing me started following me. Spyder agents. I was too busy looking back that I didn't notice a person walking the opposite way. He bumped into me, quickly said sorry, and left. As I got up, I noticed that my pocket felt heavier than normal. I inconspicuously took out the note and read it:

Ice Queen,

When you are on the flight, put a blanket over your lap and put the plasma gun under it. In the worst circumstances, you will need it.

From,

The same person as last time.

I burned the note and threw it in the trash. I waited for 30 minutes in the waiting area for the plane, then I boarded. My seat was 37 F, which was an aisle seat in the center of the plane. I noticed the potential Spyder Agents had seats behind me, beside me, in front of me, and to the right of me. Oh boy, I thought to myself. The only person that looked even close to normal around me was a lady with dark brown hair and sunglasses. Who wears sunglasses on a plane? This was going to be a long flight.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- Cookie