[Chapter 17]

Hotel in Rio De Janeiro

May 17

0525 Hours (5:25 AM)

Ben POV

Maybe it was the excitement of going on a mission, or maybe it was just me adjusting to life as a spy, but I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm was scheduled to ring. I've never been a morning person, but today I hopped out of bed and jogged to Mike's room to wake him up. After that we both got ready in 20 minutes, leaving us 10 minutes before we had to go to Natalya's room.

"I'm bored," Mike whined, "wanna play Truth or Dare?"

"Is this going to become a daily thing?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows.

"Hey, even if we are spies, we still are kids," Mike protested.

I sighed. "Fine, I guess, but as long it doesn't interfere with the mission," I said.

"Oh don't worry, it won't. This time I'll go first. Ben, Truth or Dare?" Mike asked.

"I did dare yesterday, and we know how weird that was, so today I'll do truth," I said.

"Okay, that's what I expected. What's a good truth? Oh yeah! Who's that?" Mike said, pointing towards my framed picture of Jessica.

"Oh, that's my picture of Jessica. I always keep it with me wherever I go. It's like a good luck charm," I said.

Erica POV

I had woken up earlier than usual because I was excited about the mission. I woke Zoe up and we both got ready by 5:45. Zoe and I were going to head down to Raven's room together, but I wanted to impress Raven, and wasn't going to let Ben or Mike get here late, so I decided to get them from their rooms. I arrived at their room door and was about to know when I heard a voice.

"Who's that," a voice said that I recognized as Mike.

"Oh, that's my picture of Jessica," I heard Ben say. "I keep it with me wherever I go. It's like a good luck charm," I heard. Suddenly, reminding them not to be late wasn't a priority anymore.

'Surely they kept track of time! ' I thought as I headed back down the hallway to Raven's room. I knocked on the door, and Zoe opened it, as usual.

"Hey, Erica. Wait, where's Mike? And Ben?" Zoe asked.

"They'll come on their own time," I said, using a voice I was using when I was in my "Ice Queen Personality".

"Did something happen?" Zoe asked, concerned.

"Nothing on importance," I replied, shrugging it off dismissively. Zoe nodded but still didn't seem convinced. Now we just had to wait for Mike and Ben to arrive...

Ben POV

When I had finished with my truth, I looked at the clock.

"We should go," I told Mike.

"Just do me quickly. Last time I did dare was awkward, so today I pick Truth," Mike said.

I sighed. "Fine. If you had to date any person in the whole world, who would it be?" I asked.

"Uh......probably Zoe," Mike said, turning away so I couldn't see the clear blush on his face. I smirked. Little did he know I was recording this conversation.

I'll share the voice recording with Zoe after this mission.

"Oh. It's 5:55 now. Let's head to Natalya's room," I said. Mike nodded and followed me. We walked down the hallway and knocked. Zoe opened the door, looking like she had just won the lottery.