Chapter 3: The Adrenaline Rush

Survival (n.) - the state or fact of continuing to live or exist, typically in spite of an accident, ordeal, or difficult circumstances.

Chapter 3: The Adrenaline Rush

Verona, Palace

Everyone screams at the dark at nagsimula ng magpanic.

"Protect her majesty!" Isang malakas at malalim na boses ang umalingangaw sa mga nagsisigawan na tao. Probably the general of the royal army. I heard he was a prodigy with his remarkable skills, I need to talk to him right after this. He played a big role in the story too, but for now, kailangan ko muna makalabas sa kwartong to na buhay. I can heard everyone running to the nearest exit, fearing for their lives.

Fear starts to swirl inside my stomach, para akong masusuka. I know this was going to happen, but I didn't know na ganto pala ang mararamdaman mo pag nasa gantong posisyon ka na. Syempre hindi ko rin maiwasan ang matakot kahit papano. What can you do in the dark? Huminga ako ng malalim, I need to stay calm. Walang mangyayare kung magpapanic din ako. I closed my eyes at huminga ulit ng malalim until the burning hot feeling in my stomach starts to vanish.

Now, where the fuck is lucas? I told him to prepare a couple of lamps and a group of knights, but there was no sign of him.

Dahil namatay ang lahat ng ilaw sa palace, it means wala rin silbi yung mga guards na pinabantay ko sa electrical room. Those guards were probably good as dead. How in the world can he take down a group of knights?! Looks like I underestimated his strength, but this is the emperor we are talking about. Of course talagang pinagplanohan nya to.

I immediately turned stiff even though I have two guards by my side. Despite the general's command to protect me, hindi sila makalapit sakin dahil sa dami ng taong nagsisiksikan makalabas ng ballroom. They were squished in the sea of the crowd, hindi rin makatulong na bawal nila saktan ang mga taong nasa paligid nila. I know I can run off through the back entrance, but it's too risky and I only have two knights to protect me.

I looked up when the sound of the glass ceiling above the room shattered. Isang malakas ng tunog ng pagkahulog ng chandilier ang umalingawngaw sa kwarto. Maslalong nagsigawan ang tao.

"YOUR MAJESTY!" Malakas na sigaw ng general. I gritted my teeth and stood up. I can feel the two knights circled around me.

Fuck it, I'm getting out of here, pero bago ko pa man maibuka ang bibig ko para utusan ang dalawang knight sa gilid ko, isang malakas na hangin ang dumaan sa harapan ko, making my hair sway a little, followed by the sound of my knights screaming. Pero walang nagawa ang sigaw nila sa sobrang lakas ng sigaw ng mga tao. I didn't waste my time and run towards the back entrance.

Napamura ako sa isipan ko ng sunod sunod. Dat pala kanina pa ko lumabas sa back door. Fuck me.

I heard a heavy footsteps right behind me, trying to mimic my footsteps. He's hiding and waiting for me to let my guard down before attacking me.

In the end, I only have myself huh?

No, I won't die today. Masmalala pa ko kay Lucy pag namatay nako ngayon. I refuse to end my life here, this is my second chance to live, walang kasiguradohan kung ano mangyayare sakin once na namatay ako sa mundong ito.

With a new found determination, I started to run. Hindi na nageffort ang killer na itago ang sarili nya and chases me. I run as fast as I could down the hallway with my hands on the wall to keep tract where am I going. The light coming from the moon illuminates the dark hallway through the windows, helping me more around the hallway and to see the dark silhouette of my killer.

I remember I saw a shield display on one of the hallway. I immediately grabbed it once I felt the familiar texture of steel at humarap sa killer, just in time to deflect the sword coming towards me.

Hindi nako nagsayang ng oras pa at sinipa sya sa kanyang binti, para hindi sya makatakbo ng mabilis and to buy me some time to escape, but he effortlessly avoided my excuse of a kick and grabbed my leg. Dahilan kaya na out of balance ako at nabitawan ang mabigat na shield na hawak ko.

I groaned when my back harshly hits the cold floor. The sword was raised in the air, ready to behead me. Hindi ko pinansin ang sakit at sinipa uli sya, hindi na sa binti but with his moby dick. Clearly not expecting me to kick him there, he groaned in pain at napaluhod sa tabi ko.

Akalain mo nga naman, a sword for a sword.

Dali dali ko kinuha ang dagger sa hita ko and attacks him. As if sensing my incoming attack and knowing he can't move with his current condition, hinarang nya ang kanyang kaliwang kamay. My dagger left a deep slash on his left arm. Before I can attack him again, he attacked me with his sword using his right hand. I somehow manage to deflect his sword with a small dagger, this gave the killer enough time to stand up and smashing himself against one of the big windows at the hallway. I gasped in shock.

"Your majesty!" Lucas immediately run towards me with a lamp on his hand. A group of knights following right before him.

"Lucas." Hingal na hingal na sabi ko. Sobrang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko. So, this is what it feels like paghalos nasa pinto ka na ng kamatayan, not to mention, the adrenaline rush na naramdaman ko knowing if I made a one mistake, this would be the end for me, but despite the horrifying experience, I surprisingly like it.

Recovering from the shock, dali dali ako tumayo at tumingin sa basag na bintana. The only thing I saw was the killer's white hair before vanishing at the palace's garden.

White hair? The last time I checked hindi white hair ang buhok ng mikawa's emperor.

Did I forgot somethin---The Heirloom!

Tangina, how can I forgot such important detail? The same day the empress was assassinated, the kingdom's heirloom went missing. I gritted my teeth at hindi na nagdalawang isip pa at tumakbo sa safe room, ignoring the shouts from lucas and the knights.

Nang makita ko ang pamilyar na pintuan na nakatago sa isa sa mga cabinets ng kwarto, I opened it violently and looked around the room expecting to see the heirloom gone, pero hindi ko iniexpect na makitang ang heirloom sa gitna ng kwarto, safe and sound.

I noticed the shadow disappearing at the corner of my eye. I smirked to myself.

Looks like the Emperor failed.

•••

Author's note: I usually wrote 2000 words every chapter, but I am reducing it to 1000. Why? 'cause my friend suggested me and I was like, okay ghourl. Tsaka okay na rin sakin yun I guess.

Tinanong ko rin sya kung anong gagawin ko dahil masyado ako maraming Idea na plot pero once na nagsulat nako naboboringan ako agad in the middle of the story, kaya sabi nya why not gawin ko daw short stories like only 20-30 chapters and that was a good idea. Don't worry tho ang goal ko sa ROTK and this story is at least makaabot ng 40 chapters bago ko simulan ang mga short stories.

Anyway, sabi ng wattpad aabot ng 45 hours delay para lumabas lahat ng views pag bago ang story and 1 hour para naman sa mga matagal na. Wattpad ano na nangyayare sayo.

[Not edited]