chapter one

Harry

     "Okay, Jensen, it's time to start pushing." The nurse instructed my extremely flushed and aggravated fiancé who was squeezing my hand so tight that I might loose circulation but I didn't dare let go.

     "You got this baby." She yelled as the doctor counted down before her head fell back against the pillows in exhaustion, waiting for the next command, "You're doing so well, love." I pushed her damp hair from her forehead, kissing her temple.

     "Let's go again." I watched as Jensen once again tensed up, using every ounce of her strength to get our child here. When she fell back once more, she shook her head at me, tears slipping down her cheeks.

     "I can't do it anymore. This is the worst, why'd you do this to me?" She cried out, panting. I opened my mouth to correct her, saying this was a two person job but the stern look from Reese made me change my mind.

     "Jensen, one last push okay, the baby's almost out." She took a few deep breaths before once again pushing, this time ending with everyone shouting. I watched at the nurse lifted the baby in the air. "It's a girl!" She started wailing as the nurse dried her off.

     "It's a girl!" Both Reese and I said at the same time, tears falling down both our cheeks. I looked to Jensen who was holding her hand over her mouth, sobbing.

     "Does Dad want to cut the cord?" I nodded furiously as they handed me the scissors, telling me just where to cut. They handed her over to Jensen, laying our baby on her chest. I leaned down, kissing Jensen's forehead once more, placing my hand over hers on our beautiful child.

     "You did it baby, I'm so proud of you." Jensen smiles up at me lazily as we cooed over the baby, "I guess 'Turd Ferguson' is out now." Both Reese and I laughed, but when I didn't hear a sound from Jensen's lips, I got concerned. Her hand had fallen from the baby, eyelids fluttering. When the machine started beeping rapidly, I knew something was deathly wrong.

     The nurses grabbed the baby, who was wailing as loud as the machines. They ushered Reese and I out of the room, a few more nurses running in with a crash cart. I tried to fight my way back in the room, unsure what exactly was happening, but was told to go to the waiting room until they got things under control. Everything was happening so fast.

     "JENSEN!" Reese screamed as they brought her out, a nurse on top of her lifeless body, doing compressions. Reese fell to her knees as I rushed towards the bed, earning another "Sir, please go wait in the waiting room!"

     The doors to another unit slammed in my face, Jensen behind them. I ran back to Reese, lifting her to her feet and holding her up as we walked to the waiting room. Jerry stood with a smile on his face before noticing our distressed states.

     "What the hell is going on?" He took Reese from my arms, supporting her as she sobbed into his chest. Jerry's eyes glassed over as I shook my head, tears hitting the floor, "No, no way in hell is this happening." He sat Reese in the chair, trying to charge by me before I grabbed his arm.

     "Jerry stop! They wouldn't let me go back either. I don't know what's happening." I ran my hands through my hair before they found their way to my lips. I paced the waiting room, unbothered by everyone's eyes on us, "It's a girl."

     "What?" Jerry's voice broke at my confession, still fighting the urge to run back to fight anyone to get to his daughter, "Where is she?"

     "They took her when Jensen-" I couldn't get myself to say it, falling to my knees on the floor.

     "Harry? What's going on?" I heard my mums voice from behind me as she ran up behind me, holding my shaking body.

     "That's it." Jerry walked up to the receptionist as my mum tried to calm me. I felt another set of arms fall around me, knowing they were Gem's. I heard Jerry screaming at the poor receptionist, demanding answers on his daughter and grandchild.

     Everything was so frantic, nothing making sense. We had no answers and no one willing to give us any. I felt as if someone had punched a hole straight through my chest. I couldn't tell you how long I'd been on the floor before a doctor burst through the doors I'd been shoved through.

     "Family of Jensen Ames?" Everyone looked up at the doctor, who looked both sad and frightened, which I assume had to do with Jerry's angry state, "Uhm, please follow me." My mum and sister helped lift me from the floor, all of us eager for answers.

     The doctor led us into a small conference room, telling us all to take a seat. I could practically feel the steam rolling off Jerry across the table. My mum held my hand, squeezing lightly in hopes of comfort.

     "Jensen had a postpartum hemorrhage, which means she lost a lot of blood after childbirth. This is rare; I've only seen a few cases. We rushed her back for surgery to get the bleeding to stop and she's stable." I heard the whole room let out a sigh of relief at these words.

     "When can we see her?" Jerry asked, the doctor giving him a sympathetic smile.

     "She's currently under heavy anesthetics but she should wake up within the next few hours. Immediate family is welcome and you'll be happy to know the baby is healthy and being cared for in the nursery," He looked to me after saying this, "Dad, you are more than welcome to go get her."

     "What does this mean? Is Jensen going to be okay?" Reese asked, wiping her damp face.

     "We'll continue to monitor her and check for bleeding. She's getting units of blood as we speak and plenty of fluids. She will most likely be here a few days longer than a typical birth, just to make sure she's well enough to go home." We all nodded at the doctor as he answered a few more questions before allowing us to head to the room.

     "We'll be right out here if you need us, H." Gemma hugged me, feeling myself relax a bit in her arms. My mum hugged me, kissing my cheek before walking back to the waiting room with Gemma.

     The doctor took us to the nursery to grab my daughter before we went back to Jensen's room. She was swaddled up, sound asleep in my arms. I smiled down at her, seeing many of Jensen's features on her small face.

     When we entered the room, my eyes were drawn to Jensen's pale complexion and the tubing connected to both arms. The machine above her head was silent, making me feel a little better. Reese held her arms out for the baby as Jerry and I made our way to either side of Jensen's sleeping figure.

     I saw Jerry close his eyes and bowed his head, no doubt sending a prayer up to his late wife. I sighed, holding Jensen's hand in mine, wishing she'd open those gorgeous brown eyes and sass me.

/////////////

woah rough first chapter y'all.